stupid thought, but not really

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ZedzDead, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ZedzDead

ZedzDead decepticon sabatour

Ebay:
    why do/did the bots on cybertron and any other planet (junkion, etc) have cockpits for human sized drivers? when it is a known fact that they did not discover earth until later in the future. and dont say "remember the target and headmasters?" they werent introduced until much later in the series. even the triangle cyberjets had human sized cockpits. i see a tear in the fabric of transformer lore. and, when daniel (is that right?) was a headmaster for arcee, why didnt he just get in the cockpit instead of getting a very uncomfortable suit that forces him to contort his body into a robot head? this makes no sense to me. discuss:rolleyes: 

2. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Because it looked cool?

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Just taking a guess on the first question. Perhaps it was meant for smaller transformers. I know in G1, Soundwave had cassette transformers coming out of him. They were human size. So I would guess there would be more on Cybertron and other places too.

As for the other question, never got that far with the first series.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Most of the other aliens in the TF universe are humanoid too, so who says they were meant specifically for earthlings?

5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    possibly meant for each other, Galvatron did often ride inside Cyclonus after all. Size shifting is crazy in these series

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Diaclone holdovers. Maybe why Autobots found an affinity with earthly humans and why Decepticons dislike them.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'know, I never really saw those windows etc. as cockpits/variations, I just figured they were their optical sensors/visors in vehicle mode.

8. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My theory about this:

The Quintessons time-travelled to Earth and saw Earth vehicles. At some point, they may have wanted to sell machinery to Earth. That would explain why cybertronians got human-sized cockpits built into their bodies and also why they got car parts looking similar to earth vehicles.

You want a REAL stupid thought? Try to understand why Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw and Ratbat got TWO earth altmodes - cassete and beast modes.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The explanation I've heard a bit is the Quintessons were going to sell the Transformers as a slave labor force to humanoids roughly the same size as human. For some odd reason we never actually got to see that race so it's not clear if the species died off or what happened that we didn't ever get to see them.

10. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Now THAT boggles the mind.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think it's simply because vehicles without cockpits or some kind of way to get into the vehicle just look weird. They designed the vehicles, even though they don't need drivers, to have cockpits because without them the vehicle just looks weird. Either that or they are meant to be like a visual system so they can see in vehicle mode?

12. Triceradon

Triceradon In it for the rage

I think it depends on what origin story you follow.

If you follow the Quintesson origin, then obviously Transformers interiors are meant for use by roughly-human scaled aliens.

If you follow the Primus creation story, then since Primus created the Transformers with the ability of transformation (and thus, disguise), he'd outfit them with working interiors, since a car with a solid block of robot in place of an interior isn't that much of a disguise, eh?

13. Backscatter

News Credits:

My TF universe is is combo of the two. Primus created, Transformers lived in harmony with Diaclones and Micromen. Quints came along, killed the humanoids and convinced Transformers that the Quints were the creators, splitting the race into consumer goods and military applications.

14. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me screw with your heads by reminding you that the Quintessons did not build their robots to transform. They didn't develop the technology until after they had freed themselves from Quintesson domination. And yet they built themselves with human-sized cockpits! You may continue to debate!

15. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Plot hole?

16. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Well-Known Member

i think for others to rid in. Its one of the many plot holes in TF i think

17. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

well do you think they would look good with out the cockpits and whatnot. i think they get all there forms from other races and scan them, hence the cock pits

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    a few basic theories:

They may not be cockpits/driver compartments at all, but conveniently placed sensor clusters. Earth UAVs are known to have similar things.

Compartments for smaller robots, be they cassette-bots, micromasters, minicons, whatever (ignoring some being from other continuities for the moment :)  )

Cybertronian vehicle modes, considering surprise and disguise are still an element in adopting transformation, were assumedly based on existing cybertronian/Quintesson vehicles, with cockpits/canopies, though perhaps not at the same scale.

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    For the micromasters. It was all a part of primus' great plan.

20. Backscatter

News Credits:
    Or perhaps the Quints didn't know that they could transform as Primus had planned. The Bots and Cons only realized they could transform after the Quints were gone. A regained skill.

You must remember the Quints lied a lot. They never had an original idea, so how could they have possibily created Transformers? Except by the duplication of the original Primus Transformers they had conquered.

Also, I think the Insecticons always had cockpits to store Energon. Still don't know why the Dinobots had them. ;)