Stupid theory time :-D

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ShockRod, Dec 31, 2016.

1. ShockRod

ShockRod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just putting this out there.... 2 things to consider ( / Read too much into)

1) Question your Heroes (Plural.. is that just grammatical? You would wouldn't say Hero, so pluralising it would be correct to generalise - but what if it IS plural?? Does it mean that Megs will actually seem like a hero, and Prime a Villain, or something else?)

2) "It's a very different kind of decepticon form" (Could just be the Quints / Creators, or something else)

So my stupid theory for the day is - what if this is actually more of a Decepticon "life-force" that can infect Transformers?!

What if we SEE Prime infected in the trailer, but it actually infects others too?! Maybe Bee could be the bad guy for a while?! Maybe that's where HotRod comes in, to help out his "Brother in Arms"? I'd actually be really interested too see how they'd treat that. Prime has a dark side anyway, but Bee is the Protector. Other than being a little brat at times, he can't be the bad guy, can he?! (Probably not lol)

Again, the above is just me messing around.. intentionally reading too much into things.

My personal hope for this storyline - I think it's just the Creators / Quints wanted him to perform a very specific task, that he chose not to do. His decisions may have caused the split in the Transformers into their factions, and resulted in most of the race being destroyed. Now the Quints want him to finish his task, which obviously has something to do with earth.
    I still feel like earth COULD be Primus or something, and the Star Harvester wasn't just supposed to drain the Sun of it's energy, but also destroy the earth in the process - 'killing' Primus on behalf of the creators.
    We've already seen nods to them with the Techno-organic hand and Dogs, and we can be pretty sure that we'll see a lot more of them in this movie, given that the last one set them up - so we'll find out a lot more about the universe in this one. I guess I only want that bit with the original Primes and the Sun harvester because it would make ROTF feel like a plot point we didn't know tied in to the bigger picture.

I guess that was two stupid theories :-D But people are coming up with some really good ones on this forum.. so wanted to think of something a bit different lol

2. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'd like ROTF to have some real meaning to the series, yes. Other than hated by many due to the writers strike.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShockRod

News Credits:
    I think the writers strike was a big part of it, but I think it had some real issues to begin with.

To use a phrase I use far too often - It is what it is! We can al admit that it suffered setbacks, and could have been a lot better. But it wasn't. It had some really good bits, and some awful bits. However, that doesn't mean it can't have some meaning retrospectively attributed to it.
    Ok, so my idea above is a little ridiculous, and wouldn't make for a great movie, but would link things back to make it a full universe, rather than a universe that started late into the movie-verse.

As I said in another thread - if they added some meaning to this movie by linking the AllSpark, the Harvester, The Matrix, Primes Sword, and maybe even the Central Pillar from DOTM; which could all be needed to power or activate something - it would feel like the earlier movies were also building to something that they weren't before.

Something I'd really like though - and I've derailed my own thread a little with this - but I'd love the final battle to be set at night! It's a million harder to do I'm sure - but it would look so much cooler, and moodier. Two of my favourite scenes from all of the movies were Blackout's Military Base scene in TF07, and Demolisher in Shanghai. The contrast in explosions, optics, headlights, building lights against the darkness always looks awesome.

Back on topic - There's just something bothering me with how blatant they are being with a couple of things, which is why I'm jumping to far fetched conclusions to see what direction they COULD go in. Which I enjoy lol

4. Lord Tron

Lord Tron Well-Known Member

I would call that anything but far fetched it's actually a really good theory actually that makes sense so I don't see why you would call it far fetched or ridiculous especially since it looks like Dark energon will be in this. The whole thing with the harvester being used to destroy primes also makes sense. As was stated in the interview quintessons and primes will be explored. Primes naturally referring to the dynasty I don't think they'll connect every single artifact but the dynasty themselves I'm guessing the dynasty are the ones who freed the TFs from the quintessons.

I'm going to bring up something that hasn't been mentioned for a while but is definitely worth bringing up. The creator arm we see looks exactly like one of the arms of the dynasty, down to the details. The joints are the same they have the same number of fingers the fingers are even shaped the same. True there are coincidences but that just seems to be too many the dynasty and the creators are linked somehow, will it tie back to the harvester maybe if anything it'll likely be mentioned, beyond that I don't know but I'm pretty sure we're getting another look at the dynasty of the primes.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  5. JazzIsBeast

JazzIsBeast Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks that RotF is way better than AoE and DotM?

6. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    It might be better than the first movie though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I think the other two films you mention are better, with AOE being my personal favorite Transformers film so far in the series, BUT I do actually think ROTF is the best of the Transformers films as a film to watch casually.

As to the "Question your heroes" thing, I think that's related to Prime questioning his leadership in the film for sure, but there could be other things it points to.

And I suspect the "new form of Decepticon" is probably a Cybertronian who has Decepticon origins, but has since allied themselves with the Quintessons or another non-Decepticon faction or entity. That or a rival warlord to Megatron, although the former and the latter are not mutually exclusive.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  8. ShockRod

News Credits:
    I call it far fetched because I'm intentionally making tenuous links for bits we've seen. I don't think they'll make everything link together either.. I'd just like it to tie everything together - but thank you :) 

As for the Dynasty thing, I can see what you mean by that and it's a good point - maybe, when we see the whole body; it will look like a Techno-Organic version of the first primes, in many ways. Maybe this is going down the whole 'made in their image' path!

9. ShockRod

News Credits:
    STOP BEING SENSIBLE! lol The point of this thread was to go overboard on what they COULD do, and how the story COULD go from what we've seen. There are many threads exploring theories properly, but I like the idea of actual transformers fans taking about how the universe could go. That's why I was reading too much into things. In your post, you quoted form of decepticon, which is a misquote. According to the Collider interview Lorenzo says:

"Di Bonaventura: I think the–first of all, we will introduce a new villain. A surprise, I think, as you discover who the villain is. So in that respect, that is a very different kind of Decepticon form, if you would."

Different kind of decepticon form, not different form of Decepticon. Again - I'm intentionally reading too much into things and being VERY pedantic! lol - Might be a bit 'unforgiving' of me, but I really don't think they think about things this much! They're looking to make films that draw in an audience and make money. They need to keep fans happy to a degree, but it's more important that's fun enough for you to tell your friends to go watch it, even if they've never read a comic or watched the other movies. Lorenzo even states that in a way:

"Is this one of these movies where–will people have to have seen the first four to enjoy this film?

Di Bonaventura: No, no. That’s another conscious thing. The opening of the film will introduce the sort of exploration of the mythology that we’re going to do. Therefore, it’s not necessary to have seen the films before, because it’s going to establish the–let’s call it the mystery of the movie, and the direction the movie is going to go in."

Now it depends on the writers and how they view the source material. In my opinion, the creators / Quints are NOT decepticons, they are a race of 'creatures' while the Autobots and Decepticons are Factions. If you gave the decepticons a definition, and the creators match that definition in terms of their intentions - then I can see them labelling the creators / quints (whatever they are in this movie) as decepticons.

The big planet eating thingy could easily be something made by the creators in order to mimic Unicron's abilities and swallow planets to harvest their energy. I still think it's too blatant to have something like Unicron ij the movie and show it in the first teaser.

I'll be honest, the facts that Ehren "Freddie" Kruger isn't attached to this movie, they're doing something a bit different, Nicola Peltz isn't in it to play the damsel in distress, introduction of new Transformers and a collaborative effort to make this movies work together, rather than just a series of feature length episodes... has me really looking forward to this one!

From best to worse, MY selections would be (I don't need anyone to agree):

TF07
    AOE
    ROTF
    DotM

All of them had BITS I liked, but that's the order in which I'd rank % of bits I liked.

Also - I never liked HotRod so much in G1 (Despite me using parts of him, including colour scheme, in my avatar lol). I hope they make this version one I like... but the fake french accent makes me doubt it. They said he's not going to BE French, but talks with a French accent. And where was he when Sam's parent's were in Paris?? I'm sure it'll all be explained. He was probably on some other protection detail lol

10. Galvatross

I've been told that before a few times. Lol.

Anyway, if we're going crazy with ideas, how about this (totally not happening) theory?

Lockdown said the Transformers were built to do their masters' bidding, and that the Quintessons want to "sweep their chessboard clean," and that the cosmic balance had been destroyed by actions of the Quints' creations.

Chess implies strategy. The Quintessons are strategic, but at what? They also want to control their creations and dislike disobedience.

Also, in the trailer is a giant planet with many layers that opens up. Human soldiers are on the planet fighting unseen forces, but what are they fighting.

What if the Quintessons are in fact the ultimate Pokemon masters, and they created the Cybertronians as the ultimate Pokemon to battle each other and other beings throughout the universe? That would align with Transformers being built to follow directions. Additionally, what if Cybertronians are their own element of Pokemon, and their attacks are super effective against all other Pokemon elements in the universe, and they literally are destroying the balance of the world of Pokemon?

As to the planet, what if it's a giant Poke Ball capable of catching millions or billions of Pokemon, and the Quintessons send it to Earth to "catch 'em all?" And humans and Cybertronians must face legions of Pokemon designed to fight Transformers.

Finally, perhaps Izabella and Sqweeks mirror Ash and Pikachu in some ways, especially given that Sweeks only says "Chihuahua" just like Pikachu only says its own name.

By the way, the chances of this happening are practically zero, but I think we as Transformers fans should be able to have fun with the brand and not be super serious about it all of the time!

• Like Like x 2
  11. ShockRod

News Credits:
    I fucking love this!!!!! hahahhaha
    I love the threads of people coming up with really good ideas about where this is all going, but I LOVE people spinning off into their own idea's about the universe! Now, that WAS a crazy idea, but is absolutely brilliant! Especially the Isabella and Squeaks Connection!! haha

However - out of your craziness, brings a good point.. the comment about sweeping the chess board clean!! Was that a throw away line by lockdown, before a cohesive universe was discussed... or something more?!

Lets look at that.. as you said, strategy. What could their strategy be? Maybe there are artefacts scattered all over the universe, and TF's were sent off in all directions to look for them. Maybe Lockdown's job was collecting them once they were no longer needed. Maybe they are making sure that they are all collected before they can cause any more trouble. It seems that Prime may have caused the factions to form, and potentially created a war that destroyed their race. Maybe the creators are ensuring that there no further possibility of an uprising, or opposition.
    This would explain Prime turning bad... they want prime to wipe out all remaining TF's and return back to them like a good boy! Maybe this IS going to point to the Well of the Allsparks.

Expanding on the theme of overthinking things, I think it's possible that Crosshairs will turn his back on the group, as he always wanted them to dispatch each other, so that he could be the leader (of himself I guess).. only to return at the last minute and save the day.. possibly sacrificing himself in the process. Remember, he's the lone sniper and autobot when it counts. He could end up sniping Prime from a distance, saving Bee's life just before Prime kills him.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Galvatross

Seriously speaking, I actually do think the things Lockdown says about his employers are hints as to what the Quintessons will be like in future films.

13. ShockRod

News Credits:
    Which bits specifically? What's your take on how they will be?

Personally, I think the Transformers were built to carry out something very specific - That's why we build machines. Either that job has been done, or they are 'clearing the chessboard' because they all decided to stop doing what they were built to do, so they are scrapping them all.
    The only reason I can think they they were given sentience, is either it was accidental, and the Allspark did it.. or they didn't actually KNOW what they were looking for or how to find it.. so gave them the ability to think, feel, plan... to think outside the box rather than as programmed.
    The allspark being Destroyed (or rather transformed - passed to Sam - whatever has happened to it now), the harvester not obtaining the energy from the sun, trying to bring Cybertron to earth, Having something as powerful as the seed, introducing them selves to an alien race (humans in this example)... these could all be things that upset the cosmic balance.

Maybe - The creators being Techno-Organic - Wanted specimines from all over the universe. Lockdown has a few in his ship, not just knights. They were built to explore the universe. Why? What's the good of exploring if they aren't either looking for something, or want knowledge. Stay Tuned, I guess we'll find out!

I'm gonna fucking Rage-Quit the cinema if we don't find out in this movie!!!

14. Galvatross

"You were built to do as you were told." Basically they were not built as free beings, but as robotic slaves. They were made out of programmable metal so the Quintessons could program them to transform into whatever alternate modes were useful for the tasks they performed, and so the Transformers would follow the instructions of the Quintessons.

Also, from what Lockdown said I think the Quintessons do not like their creations interfering with the fates of other species, whether it's protecting other species (Autobots) or trying to destroy them (Decepticons). It's why Lockdown said the Autobots and Decepticons were making a mess of things. Lockdown coming to Earth was not "species mingling with species" because he was simply cleaning up the mess the warring factions were making on Earth.

Also, that the Quints want the Knights alive means that they have some plan for the Knights specifically. Also, the Quints sweeping the chessboard so to speak suggests that they want the current Cybertronians destroyed or in their control, and they have loyal replacements in mind. These replacements could be Sharkticons, G2-style Cybertronians, Predacons, or something else entirely.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I've just thought what if it was the Knights who found the Allspark? I mean, the Transformers were created for a purpose, "you were built to do what you were told"; as said by Lockdown.
    The Knights were stated as explorers, "you great crusaders" and so on, but what if the Allspark is not of creator origins.

"Species mixing with species"; could it be that the last time they mixed they ended up sentient?

You're definitely in a minority my friend. My personal opinion of ROTF is that it starts of promising with it's awesome action sequences and build up to something larger but then falls short towards the end. It has great story elements and I don't find it boring to watch as a casual movie.

Personally for me,
    Transofmers
    Transformers Dark of the Moon
    Transformers Age of Extinction
    Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

16. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Well you're second theory (even meant to be silly) kind of does align with my theory when I suggested that Optimus and maybe Megatron get affected with the movie's version of the Hate Plague. People have already told me I'm over thinking the red paint but I still think it's possible. Since this is the movierverse, things can be changed up. Also as Wolf pointed out it did seem that Optimus was floating around in what appeared to be red dust.

[​IMG]

So taking your thought even further and using a bit of history from G1, could it be possible that the Hate Plague is an experiment gone wrong by the Quintessons. Perhaps maybe that's what the strange planet thing we saw was, basically the Quintesson's experiment gone wrong which results in it seeking out life to destroy, much like Unicron. It's expels particles that when exposed to wounds, indicated the red paint is where Optimus has a gash on his face, it makes the person go mad with the virus because the particles are now in their bloodstream or in the cause of Optimus energon. It would explain why the Quintessons desperately wanted Lockdown to gather their knights and wipe their chess board clean, because they knew destruction was headed for Earth. They would want to salvage as much of their work as possible.

I could be wrong though and I'm fine with that.

17. Uncrazimatic55

Uncrazimatic55 Well-Known Member

Hate plague might be a stretch. When Optimus attempts to kill Bumble Bee he apologizes. It would seem more like a Dark Awakening type possession. Maybe I'm reaching but when Optimus is trying to convince the Dinobots to join him he says we need to fight to together or end up as slaves to the creators. Optimus goes after the creators and something happens. Perhaps he runs out of energon, freezes, but he is reprogrammed. Megatron dropping in, in front of Lennox without Lennox running suggests he approaches Megatron to help rein in Optimus. Megatron would team up with the humans to reprogram/stop Optimus to then team up with him to stop the creators. Megatron isn't going to be anyone's slave either.

18. ShockRod

News Credits:

I think the red dust is just to look a bit 'Nebulary' (not a word), but love the idea of it being some kind of spore like in The Return of Optimus Prime. They are borrowing from all continuities, so who knows!

19. ShockRod

News Credits:
    I think this too. Megatron is easily manipulated (Trolled) by humans.. just like in AOE. I think he was obviously happy trying to intimidate Lenox (he loved to do that rather than just kill), but we've already seen that he's happy to team up if it means he can try and gain the advantage later on down the line

20. ShockRod

News Credits:
    NEW STUPID THEORY!!! :D 

Is Bay going full Prometheus on us?!!:eek: 

"You want to know don't you? Why they keep coming here" (or something like that)

So:

• Medieval storyline, Three headed Dragon, Merlin and either Excalibur or some cybertronian staff. (TLK)
    • What looks like it could be Warpath taking part in WWII - So maybe Transformers helped win the war. (TLK)
    • We've already had the original primes and their contact with humans. (ROTF)
    • We've got lots of our modern technology from them (Megatron) (TF07)
    • The space race was because of Transformers (DOTM)
    • Dinosaurs (AOE)

So the recurring theme is Transformers throughout earths history - right?

Now we have techno-organic 'creators' in the story line...

Could this mean that they keep coming here because our worlds have been linked since day one?
    Maybe the creators were trying to make something in their image; so made life happen, then tried to cyberform earth - hoping for some kind of techno-organic beings?

Way out there - but if I'm right, it better be better than Prometheus was, or I'll be pissed!