Stupid Sh*t your spouse does

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alucard77, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I was going to write, stupid shit your wife does, but I realized Men can do dumb shit too, and people do get a bit sensitive.

So I am wondering what is really stupid shit your spouse does that drives you crazy. I get new ones of there every couple of months with my wife, so I would like to believe I am not alone.

Here is my contribution:

We have one of those dual door fridges with a sliding freezer on the bottom. The freezer tends to get pretty packed. When I close the freezer, I like to move the stuff around to make sure it is securely closed.

My wife prefers the slam it shut approach. So yesterday, Mrs. rocket scientist used her half assed approach. It ended up breaking a small piece of plastic on the sliding mechanism. That is really not a big deal, because the piece belongs to the shelf and that slides fine.

The problem is, she didn't feel it move any further back, so she assumed it was closed.

This morning I go to make breakfast, and open the freezer. There is a broken piece on the bottom and the freezer has half frozen items and ice everywhere. So I call my wife to say, "what's wrong with the freezer?"

She replies, "No clue, when I opened it this morning, there was a broken piece there and it was all iced up. I thought nothing of it, and I slammed it shut again. Why is there a problem?"

I felt like saying, "WTF do you think" but stopped myself. So instead of enjoying my day off today, I started it with having to throw out about $200 of thawed then refrozen food. Then to have to de-ice the fridge and wipe off all of the water.

I now have to go food shopping to replenish all the shit I threw out because my wife is too damn lazy to learn how to close a freezer and to check it's frozen.

Now what pissed me off the most, is that this is like the third fucking time she did this shit. The first two times, I caught it within like 20 minutes. This time it went overnight. I mean, would it be mean to call her a ******. I mean, how many fucking times do I have to say, be careful with this?

Of course if I flip on her, I am the bad guy, she is not the ******.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Not today Galvatron!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Not married, so I have nothing to contribute.

But, you seem to be getting annoyed over something that doesn't really seem stupid. More so that she just overlooked the fact that the door did not close all the way because it was jammed? That happens to my freezer door all the time. But in my house we just check it twice to make sure. I mean she probably saw the waste of food now, and will double check, but to call her stupid for it. :/ Ouch man.

Stupid is more like mom. She's allergic to peanuts and we went to get self serve frozen yogurt the other day. She fills up her cup with the peanut butter flavor. I tell her "that has peanut butter in it" and she says "no it's just flavored that way" and starts eating it. I calmly point to the sign next to the flavor that says "ingredients contains peanuts". She throws the cup in to the trash and runs out of the store.

3. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Every night, my exGF - a person who consistently complained about being sleep deprived - would shut her bedroom door and let all 3 of her cats sleep in the room. The problem was 2 of the cats would get into a fight UNDER the bed every night. So of course when I stayed, I got to wake up to growling and hissing cats while she mumbled "knock it off, guys."

:sly2: 

You'd think a veterinarian would know that 2 angry cats don't give a crap when you're talking to them - hell, cats barely care that you talk to them when they're happy unless you offer them something they want. But noooo, don't try and remedy the situation by getting them large carriers to sleep in overnight and actually establish that you're the alpha in your own house. She had no problem doing that to her dog.

Don't get me wrong, I liked her cats, but letting them have run of the room overnight was dumb.

:rolleyes: 

4. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, I never called her stupid. I get really frustrated with her, because as I mentioned different stuff like this happens all the time. I tell her once, then twice and explain why, and then it's like she didn't even hear me.

Also, it is me that cleans this shit up, not her, so what damn lesson is she even learning? Nada.

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yesterday at midnight our baby was fussy so we decided to give him some Little Tummies which is essentially like Alka Seltzer. I began to shake the bottle as directed. I was holding the cap which I thought was twisted closed and of course the rest of the bottle goes flying off spilling the contents all over our bedroom carpet.

The wife claims she didn't have time to twist the cap shut the last time she used it.

Not enough time? It takes less than a second to twist the damned cap shut.

So because of that lack of one second she couldn't seem to afford, we end up having to stay up a half hour plus into our already sleep deprived night so our carpet spot bot can finish cleaning the carpet.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Too many things to list, but the one that sticks out the most is when she berates me for sometimes leaving a certain junk drawer open a tiny bit, yet every morning she gets dressed and leaves her dresser with ALL the drawers pulled ALL the way out.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Thanks guys! I need other stories like this to make me feel normal!

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I forgot. The way my wife stacks the dishwasher drives me nuts as well.

Also when she takes things and doesn't put them back where they belong.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  9. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't even know where to begin with the dumb things my gf does, *facepalm*... While the freezer situation I think she wouldn't of gone through, but done of the laziness and hlaf-assed ideas agrees got about how life with a really irritates me.

10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Mine too. She thinks that bowls get clean when they are stacked sideways and never forgets to put something tall on the bottom rack that stops the spray arm from spinning - then she wonders why nothing gets washed right.

11. Razerwire

News Credits:
    The way my wife stacks the dishwasher she can only put in half the load compared to when I load it. She's an economist too. She's supposed to be all about efficiency!

12. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I can tell you have a new child. The stories you tell are dead on with some of the ones I have.

When we had our son, one of our biggest fights was about the formula. Basically the box said:
    1 Scoop = 2 oz
    2 Scoops = 4 oz
    4 Scoops = 8 oz

So I go on about making a 6oz bottle for my son. All the sudden my wife is like, what are you doing!!!???!!! I thought I had put in rat poison or something.

I asked, "what's the matter". She replied, " How are you making 6oz, the box doesn't tell you how to do it. Your going to hurt him!!!" To which I replied, "What are you talking about?" I then explained to her the formula which even a crack head could understand. 3 scoops = 6oz.

After fighting for about 10 minutes, I decided that arguing over this was so fucking stupid that I would stop. So I said, fine, you make it how you want, I am going to bed.

The next day, she starts in on me on how I didn't help her with the feeding. Well first off, she should have been sleeping but woke up to supervise me. Then she was a ******. How can you win there?

As for the dishes, I have decided it easier for me to do the dishes then for her to do it her way. I like clean dishes personally.

13. Razerwire

News Credits:
    My wife complains to me all the live long day about her mom and yet she nevers does a damned thing about it.

14. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, my wife gets along with her mom, but cannot stand my mom. So not sure what is worse. With your situation you get bitching from one woman, from mine I get it from 2.

15. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    My wife likes to make 5 oz for the babies instead of a full 6. When its 2am I am not interested in judging half amounts of formula in a tiny scooper. So when I make a 6 oz bottle she will yell at me for over feeding the babies.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    You should've used 'woman logic' and showed her by making up three one scoop lots separately and then tipping them into one container. You can't just go from 'A' to 'C' without showing her 'B' too.

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Wow, just wow.....

That is how she made it! That is the steps she wanted me to take. That what I literally was trying to explain to her.

To this day she blames pregnancy brain. Yeah... sure....

18. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like the learning part of this has been skipped a couple of times, maybe some consequences are in order. Some people need to learn the hard way, my younger brother is the same way.

Your a strong man throwing that much money away and keeping civil, that would be tough for me to keep my Cool.

19. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Does put up with me count? Other than that she likes to leave the bathroom light on all the time.

20. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you Alucard for not making this gender biased (I would have been one of the ones to complain no doubt)

Razerwire your story about the little tummy lid literally made for snort my Sprite out my nose, thanks for that.

Ok frustrating but not really dumb (or maybe it is) that my HUSBAND does.
    We are both stubborn peopole, but when we get into an argument he turns into a child.
    When we are arguing and he knows he has lost the argument and can't say anything else back he says "whatever" really? whatever? and you think that wins you the argument? It doesn't My high school students don't even use whatever anymore. I can't believe it, and he does it ALL THE TIME, Whatever is the song of the coward WHATEVER.

He also has to have the last word, so when we are arguing say I say "yes it is" and he says "no it isn't" and we are at the end of the back and forth he mumbles thinking I can't hear him and therefore won't respond and therrefore he thinks he wins the argument. So he mumbles "no it isn't" and I tell YES IT IS I CAN HEAR YOU!! Sometimes he even will just mouth the words thinking that counts as well.

Oh and going off of that last argument I learned this from Buggs Bunny and Daffy Duck but if you reverse the argument my husband falls for it
    so I yell YES IT IS he yells NO IT ISN"T, so I respond with his reponse NO IT ISN"T and then he yells back YES IT IS and I say thank you and walk away then I count to three and I hear WAIT A MINUTE you KNOW what I MEANT!

Let's see what else, there is just so many....
    That he thinks I can read his fucking mind AND blames me for it.
    We are target walking around and after we've made a full circle and getting ready to checkout I ask my husband (whose name is Chris by the way) "Is there anything else you need or want" and he says or rather mumbles "Well, I wanted to see something in electronics, but...." So I said "OK let's go, why didn't you say anything when we were back there?" and he replies "Well I was going to but you were just walking so I just kept going"
    What? really? So I tell him if he just would have said something I would have stopped, which leads into an argument. This happened when I had the spinal cord stimulator hooked into my back so I was literally leaning over the cart and it hurts to stop walking and he knows this.
    He does that all the time where something happens, he says NOTHING and then later, (which could be minutes later, hours later or even DAYS later), let's it be known that he is pissed over said incident. And it usually isn't even an incident, it's something small and stupid but turns into something big because he didn't say anything at the time. You know what I have to say to that? Whatever!

I have plenty more but I gotta take pain meds now.

Where are all the ladies at? Come on ladies we gotta speak up about the men too.
    Just kidding i don't want to turn this isn't a men versus women thing either.