Stupid (?) Kabaya question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dansproject, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Don't know if I'm just being stupid; just got Kabaya Hotspot and was wondering if the other Protectobots are available or being released at some point? Would make a great WST Defensor if they are out there (if a little big).

2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

They came out in the Gaia Guardian set.

4. outback

outback Member at Large

Ebay:
    They are quite awesome. It was my first foray into the world of Kabaya Kits and I've always loved the Protectobots. Have patience with the stickers and spruce them up with some detailing (I use the Gundam Kit markers). Enjoy!

5. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

He came out with his original Protectobots, but Kabaya added two new Protectobots into the mix named Heatrock & Skyfeather. From what I've seen they turn into a drilling machine (???) & what looks like a Fighter-Jet. They can all form the classic Defensor, turn into the Gaia Guardian which replaces Hot Spot with the new guys, or combine them all into a Power Rangers-Esque Combiner called God Guardian. However, it's just Defensor using Skyfeather as a shield with Heatrock slapped onto his chest to form an over-sized chest plate. It's cool, but not the greatest thing Kabaya has ever produced.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Heatrock and Skyfeather were added so the complete assortment had a combined mode, it was a marketing thing so retailers buying one case but not the other still could sell a "complete" combiner.

Heatrock, incidentally, is based on Drill Max from Brave Exkaiser. Skyfeather is one part Aerialbot and one part Guard Rescue, from Brave of the Sun Fighbird. I welcome their inclusion. You can always leave them to one side if you don't want to use them.

7. Warpshard

Oh, I have some questions too. Do these kits require glue to hold it together, are they easy to put together, is it hard to apply the stickers, & will it break easily?

8. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

No glue.

Yes, very easy. Like the 1/144 basic Gundam sets made for little kids except fewer parts.

The stickers are fine but just a little cheap. They're just kinda tough to apply because the completed figure is pretty small. Make sure to bring tweezers.

I just finished my FortMax last night and I don't think it will break very easily. There are some spots that feel SUPER tight but I just sanded it down a little until it fit better.

9. Warpshard

Thank you so much. Now I can get the entire Gaia Set from TFsource without worrying that I might break it.