Stupid F'in Manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Check here for the majority of the details

But an update on today,she still says I'm a problem.But it's just not that she said it.But how she said it.She said it in a manner that says "there's no hope for me"

She said the problem was between 2 & 3pm when I was by myself.But the kicker is it got busy,so apparantly I'm expected handle 1)A semi full screen of multiple orders plus 2)Prepare meat ALL in record time.I mean there's only so much 1 person can do.That's why it's called TEAM WORK.You have one person doing everything and you have to expect delays

And her daily review was a crock,I could've left and she wouldn't have said anything.In other words she only said she'd do that to placate me :redface2: 

And I'm observing the Team Leader who was my replacement(I was off the clock) she was going at the EXACT SAME PACE I was.And she had multiple orders that were over 2 mins old.But surprisingly the Manager never noticed :rolleyes2 :

I can guarentee that if she was in charge a year ago,she wouldn't have hired me.Again it's more personal then professional

I just seriously find it odd that in 6 months I went from an employee who "Meets Standards" to an employee who's "Below Standards" but she(the general manager)Never saw fit to clue me in

You know what the difference is,the manager likes her and will small talk with her.Since she got the position,I've ALWAYS felt this manager had something against me.Just based on the fact that she's NEVER said anything other then a curt hello.You know the type of hello that doesn't say "Hey man glad to see you" but says "Oh you're here HI"

2. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Wow, she sucks. Unfortunatly this happens almost everywhere.

3. vf-xx

vf-xx ereh ees ot gnihtoN

Ebay:
    Take it to her boss?

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It sounds like she's got it out for you for some reason. You didn't hook up with her daughter or something, right? :) 

I wouldn't stress myself over it. Another restaurant would probably love to have a employee like youself.

5. Shaun_C

:lol  :lol  :lol 

Nope,she's like 23 yrs old.As I'm 27 it'd be kind of illegal ;) 

And untill last summer I've never seen her before in my life

So what she has against me I'll NEVER know.But it's obvious she does

And if by some MIRACLE she decides not to fire me.It's obvious she'll never promote me :thumbdown 

So I've got to look elsewhere

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Just look for another job that pays same or better. See if you can get a job recommendation from people within the industry. Maybe she wants the woman who's doing the same work as you to take over your hours. Or maybe you reminded her of her Ex. Whatever the case it's better to work in an environment where you are appreciated.

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Dude, you work at a McDonalds. You seriously don't want to work there forever, do you?

Get a REAL cooking job. Pays better, a lot less rules, not so many people breathing down your neck, etc. People who work hard and honest in the kitchen at real restauraunts get promoted, and usually there's no ass-kissing involved.

In fact, why even cook? Construction pays well, and you can learn a trade with no experience to start. Or go to school.

This comes from an ex-McDs worker. There is WAY better stuff out there.

In fact, pretty much any place is better than McDs. Pickiest, most hard ass group of higher ups I've ever had the displeasure of working under.

Put the clown to the curb and step up!

8. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Let me guess. This is her first time as a manager? I've worked for douch bags like her before. She has no idea what she's doing and the power has gone to her head. Just get the hell out.

9. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Kill her.

What? It'd be a solution.

10. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

McDonalds have rules for food preperation ? No offence to anyone who works there, but I thought that place would be pretty slack with "what's ok".

11. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Case like this where you need to take it up with the District manager, or the Franchise manager depending on your local set up. Tell them that you're working as you've been trained, and that you are only receiving negative feedback when asking how you can improve. Then mention that the manager grabbed your ass and then challenged you to prove it.

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Yarr, I be pity'n ya land lubber, yarrr.

13. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Seriously dude, you could do so much better!

14. Shaun_C

The problem as I see it

IMPO based on what I know of Business Management based on my major in Business Management

I think the restaurant has been losing money since she became GM.And HER boss is leaning on her because of it.

So she in turn is getting on me since I'm just a lowly Crew Person.Plus she's never been to friendly with me,so it's obvious that even if she keeps me around at the end of Febuary.She DEFINATELY won't promote me.

You know she sent a mass e-mail to all employees to contact her either in person or via e-mail if they're interested in a promotion and learning more.I stated my interest,but she pretty much ignored my e-mail

It's always trouble when the person who signs your checks/has the power to fire you, WON'T take the time to siply small talk with you

15. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You work at McDonalds with a degree in Business Management?

COME ON.

16. Shaun_C

I was

1)Unemployed
    2)Needed a job
    3)Planned to work up to the position of First Assistant Manager like my cousin Kyshon did

But there are classier restaurants/Hotels out here in Winnipeg.Bet they'd LOVE to have an employee like myself

17. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    By all means, give them a shot! Hotel jobs can have some nice fringe benefits. :thumbs2: 

Just because you had no choice in taking the job, that doesn't mean you need to stay there or owe them anything.

I didn't realize you were in Winnepeg, there must be HUNDREDS of other jobs you could do, all you need to do is try.