Stupid ebay pricing rant....G1 parts...

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Kenny278, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

START RANT

I'm a regular ebay buyer - mainly t/f's and can spend up to £400 in a month on various bits and pieces..

If you've checked out my collection thread you'll see I collect G1, loose for the most part and I've been working my butt off trying to complete the incomplete..

This month the plan was trypticon... get as many of the parts as I could to complete him

The parts I needed (everything basically) and the prices on ebay

Right Loading Ramp £10.03
    Left Loading Ramp £10.03
    Small Blaster Stand £5.51
    Large Blaster Stand £3.51
    Single-Disk Scanner £5.45
    Double-Disk Scanner £12.53
    Single-Barreled Blaster £5.45
    Double Barreled Blaster £5.45
    Full Tilt £7.52
    Electro-Disruptor £12.53
    Right Connector £4.45
    Left Connector Could not find
    Large Tower £3.01
    Small Tower £2.95
    Right Tank Tread £4.01
    Left Tank Tread £2.51
    Laser Cannon Could not find

This little lot ... from various ebay shop sellers and not including shipping...and without two parts comes to £94.94

Which I think you'll agree is a little nuts - esp as its missing two parts

I then bought a complete tryp (not walking) with all parts for £60.16 (which was probably pricey!!)

So not only have I saved about £30 odd .. I have a spares bot to boot

Where is the logic?? I know what I'll be doing now - selling off my loose incomplete's and buying complete ones to replace them...unless I only need one part or something...

I used GBP( hence the weird decimal points) and Trypticon as an example... I'm sure it doesn't apply for everything but seriously .. what a rip off! :( 

END RANT

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    dit138 perchance?

3. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

no actually ... was a mix of quite a few places - I listed them lowest price order and would ship to the UK... so was a mix and I think a couple where probably dit138

4. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

If you think like a seller then you will have no problem finding cheap parts. Always buy in lot and sell the parts you don't need.

Or if you don't want to bother with selling, just make sure when you get the figure it's a complete one.

Most of the price for the accessories are ridiculus(especially with shipping)

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    You're almost always going to be paying a premium for individual parts over a complete figure or buying in parts lots. Store listings cost merely pennies a moth so they have little reason to lower prices. Consider too those buyers paying the store prices may be just looking for the last few pieces and overpaying doesn't look so bad anymore. I've been in that a couple times.

Like said already, buy in bulk if you can. Extra parts are also good trade fodder for the sale/trade section here.

6. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Look on it like your transformers are your car, the initial cost sucks but the parts and servicing are even worse! lol

do what macabre mouse said and buy in lots, that way you can sell the left overs and break even or even make some money :) 

7. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Hehe, what drives me nuts with parts (other than their expensive prices) is how sellers (tf dealers) selling incomplete figures always claim that the missing accessory/ies can be 'picked up off ebay easily for a dollar'. Often sellers who have parts for sale too and for $10-25 for the sorts of parts they claim can be had for cheap.

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    try rebuilding seekers sometime.Getting those can be a pain in the ass with price and rarity.1 missile 8 dollaes shipped:banghead: 

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well, i've been lucky to have recently won a slag complete online for around 20 quid. The grimlock has nothing however and i can't even find thesword to go with him. Found his gun though.

i think the thingthat must be keptin mind is that theseare toysthat havebeen out of production for over 20 years. it'll be difficult to find the pieces.