Stupid customers...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Apr 19, 2011.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dear god people are idiots. I just had a horrible time with the idiot customers who can't take a hint or listen to the knowledgeable employee on the subject. They caused me to do something I haven't done in years... but alcohol! I don't drink. I haven't had alcohol in a long time.. probably years! I bought two frozen drink mixes Frozen Lemonade and Margarita. What go me so pissed? Well let me tell you:

Ok I work at WM as a sporting goods associate. Part of my job is to sell hunting/fishing licenses. Well a kid comes in and wants to but one. Well he is 17, and tomorrow is his birthday. I bring up his information on the state license site and it give me no options to sell him any licenses except one.. a youth hunt/trap combo (It would be invalid tomorrow with him no longer being a youth). I tell him I have no way of selling him anything because he is a minor. I tell him to try tomorrow and it would let him.

Well about 1/2 hr later he shows up again with mom. Again I tell them it will not let me sell him anything because he isn't 18 yet. Mom tells me to try again. I try once again. Nothing. Just hunt trap combo which again I tell them will not be valid after tomorrow. They walk off. I head to the back to take some stuff to the cardboard baler. I get paged. I go back and they have my store manager trying. I have to log him in and he tries again. I also have a guy who used to work in Sporting Goods help me tell them we can't do anything. Mom asks if we can change his birthday. I tell her no that would be illegal and her son and I could both be arrested. My manager spends another 10 minutes or so with them. Well they leave in a huff saying they will try a local hunting place. Good I think. I go back and finish tossing my cardboard and chat with the assembly guy laughing about the whole thing...

Then I get paged again.. I say if that is them I will scream... it was. They decide they want the $7 combo license even though after tonight it is invalid. I tell her that again. She doesn't care she "wants this whole ordeal over with.." Well I take the info, print out a license and ring them up.

God people are morons. If he uses that license after tonight he faces possible fines, arrest, etc. All because they are too stupid to wait till tomorrow! Odd thing is they live a good ways away from out store and there is one you have to pass to get here probably. Probably one close to their home too.

God I hope my booze is frozen enough now..

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I've watched situations like that unfold in front of me. The employee never seems to be too happy afterwards.

3. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I try to help everyone. I like helping people. But when they are to stupid to listen it becomes a pain in the ass..

:banghead: 

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Back the fuck up... there's a helpful Walmart employee?

5. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i know exactly what you mean. i try to help customers at costo and they just don't seem to get when you're trying to help them so they won't get in trouble or trying to save money or whatever else.

i learned one thing and one thing only. and this will make "your" job way easier:
    Cover your @$$. call a sup/mgr as soon as the customer doesn't understand or doesn't want to listen. when they arrive you explain the situation in front of the sup/mgr and that way they can explain it over and over and over........ to the customer.

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Apparently, there's 1

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I have a feeling you will see them tomorrow, trying to return that one they just bought........

8. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yup and they'll say it's "your fault"

9. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well considering a STORE MANAGER tried telling them the same thing.

10. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Lol..title of thread and your sig from natureboywhoo

Lol....

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    one does not walk in to Wal-mart their is an evil there that does not sleep.....

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  12. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I sleep on my days off... and the customers are only there for a little while...

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe there was something he desperately needed to hunt tonight?

14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I used to work at Walmart, I was working the midnight shift and I was the only employee that knew how to sell the hunting and fishing license in Sporting Goods.

One morning around 4 AM, this dude showed up at Sporting Goods to buy a fishing license. I was paged to go over to Sporting Goods to sell that dude a fishing license.

Anyway, he pulled out his Florida Driver's license, then he asked me how much is the license. I told him the price and then he wanted me to sell him a temporary non-residence Florida fishing license. I told him that is illegal in the State of Florida to sell Florida residences a temporary out of state fishing license.

Well he said that he will go someplace else and he left. I said good luck to him. He was a ignorant dumbass.

15. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Man Walmart got some great stories...should be a reality show....

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I think everyone should work retail for just a year, teaches you how people really are:

i work at a dollar store and we really don't get too much of the crazies, but when we do boy are they crazy:

the most recent encounter we had i can think of was this family of African Americans, a mother, father, and i think 5-6 kids, ranging from highschool to toddler

we've had problems with them before, expecially with one of the kids, one of the highschoolers, was caught stealing, and was banned from the store.

well some of the kids, came in one, were loud and obnoxious, and left, second time, same thing, and even had a parent turn to their kid and go "if you ever act like that i will whip your ass big time"

third time they came in and were loud, obnoxious, and started knocking stuff off shelves just to do it. this don't fly, we have to try to straighten the store before closing or we get in trouble. so the manager on duty told the kids they have to leave since they are messing up the store, they didn't like that

they went to mom and she came up, all mad, and was like "who do you think you are, i make good money, my kids can buy anything they want, i spend $1000s of dollars here, blah blah blah"

my manager tried to calmly explain what happened, then the customer tried to turn it into a race issue

so lets count this up:customer verbal abused an employee and then made it a race issue

she then left mad with saying "this is why you work at one of these kinds of jobs for $8 and hour"

yeah right, she makes WAY more than you do lady :lol  if this is true why do you always have us void stuff since you usually don't have enough money to afford your purchase and your kids never have tax money

the police showed up a while later and apparantly got a COMPLAINT from her....luckily we got that straighten out quickly

17. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Actually, everyone should work in a call center at least once. Stupidity knows no bounds....

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    :lolol  Oh man I fell out my chair laughing

19. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

That sounds like every family at my neighborhood Walmart. Good times.

20. exclusacon

News Credits:
    " I will whup your ass big time".....LMAO! Im from the south originally and I know this is a southern thing. Am I right GC?