Stupid credit card company

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Nov 13, 2006.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This past year I've started to get really pissed at my credit card company. Basically I use it when I need to order something online or when I'm low on cash and find new toys. Anyhoo, About 4-5 months or so ago I ended up getting a late charge. Why? because they moved the due date on me and I didn't see that it was due.

My payments always used to be due by the 7th of the following month. Well I didn't see it but suddenly it was due by the 30th. I was just sending it out that day when I noticed too. Anyway it seems they keep sending me my bill later and later and making it due sooner and sooner. I wanted to send a angry letter or email to them or file a complaint but there is no help line or anything for that.... which just pissed me off more.

Well I got my bill today and it is due by the 27th. That is only 13 days to collect the money and mail it off. Thankfully I already have the money put away right now. Usually I just get the bill, then put money in my account and pay.

Frankly I'd switch cards, but I'd probably get them same damn company again. Damn you FIA Card Service!! It used to be Bankcard Services.. Both now suck, but sadly are probably the only game in town.

2. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There should be a number on the back of the card. Call it and tell them you want to change the billing date. If they give you crap about it, threaten to cancel the card.

3. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    BUT, changing due dates (if they allow it in the first place) it can typically take up to two billing cycles or more to go into effect.

I work for Citicards... in the collections department.

4. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Don't use credit cards, they are evil.

Or just get your payment automatically withdrawn from your bank account. Payment comes around, its paid already, no worries. Unless you don't always have the money for your bill a which point, you probably should not be using a credit card.

5. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Or start opening your mail and read your bills more carefully so you don't get behind on payments

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah it's really not the credit card company's fault you didn't bother to check your due date. Better to be safe than sorry.

7. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well considering it had ALWAYS been the same date. I do take partial blame for it, but they did change it without warning..

Oh well.. I'll try and call and get it changed today.

8. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well they certainly don't make it easy to get in touch with a live person.

I check the website of it.. no way to change it there. I call customer service.. It is an automatic recording. States latest amount due, etc. Then it gives you options of

"Press 1 to review account data, press 2 for payment options, press 3 to report a stolen/ damaged card, press 4 to end this call."

Well I tried 1 and 2 but nothing in those menus to change due by date. I get back to the main menu and hear the list again.. I kinda get a little ticked and wait a few seconds. Then I hear a new recording.. There is a long 5-6 second pause between the last one and the new one. Finally it give me the option to speak with a representative.. I never even would have known that extra option menu was there if I had just pressed 4 or hung up.

Well got it changed now. Will take about 2 months, but should be fine. Man they don't make it easy to get in touch with anyone...

9. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With most of those computerized phone mazes, you can always press 0, and it should take you to an operator...most of them, though not all.

10. Mat-Man

Mat-Man Well-Known Member

This is why I go with a pre-paid debit/credit card...no bills! Also, no money = no purchase. I'm horrible when it comes to managing my own money when I use cash (anybody else's money, not a problem), so going this way has actually helped me greatly in the finance department.

11. Glhboy

Glhboy <font color=red><b>Goes Like Hell....</b></font> Moderator

News Credits:
    How about paying it online? I haven't mailed a check for a credit card in so long. I pay everyone online, it's easy and posts in a couple days if that.