Stupid AFA and eBay

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Thorns2010, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Thorns2010

Thorns2010 Well-Known Member

2. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't see the problem with that?

3. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    some people like afa, some people dont. as far as i'm concerned, people can sell whatever they want for as much as they want. its their toys theyre selling, and if the want they can shoot for the stars on price. and that price is pretty high, but not totally out of the ballpark. plus he has a best offer too.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

Wow. AFA is at it again. Personally, I think the AFA is a crock. Seriously... no toy is worth the kind of price that AFA graded stuff "commands". Assuming that it actually commands any real price. I guess some noobs and "hard core" collectors get suckered into buying that kind of stuff, but outside of that I can't see any sane person actually bidding on that kind of stuff. Don't care that it's Wheelie, I just don't see any TF or toy "commanding" that kind of value... which is why I think that the AFA is full of themselves and proverbial crap.

Oh, I did see the best offer option, but how low do you think this guy is honestly going to be willing to go? Probably not very if he went through the trouble of getting the AFA to grade his product. From what I hear it costs a decent amount of money just to get something graded.

5. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    all i'm saying its his auction and he can ask waht he wants for it. and as far as afa goes, they dont set the prices my friend, want and demand does. all they do is give it a grade, case it in plastic, and thats the end of the line on their part. they dont tell the seller what its worth. and another thing, this is fucking wheelie were talking about, if your going to get pissed over toys, at least pick a better robot.

6. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm? When was someone getting pissed?

Btw, I do agree with you, it's his and he can do what he wants with it. More power to him... I just think the way some people get into this AFA thing is a bit... ridiculous to say the least.

But, to the best of my knowledge, they do give the person getting their toy "graded" as suggested value based on their "grading". Otherwise, what would the point be besides putting it in plastic? Of course, whether or not the sugguested value that AFA gives is even equivalent to the value that sellers on eBay attempt to sell the stuff at is a completely different matter.

Also, want and demand rarely sets the prices on eBay.

7. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    you have no idea what your talking about with afa. "to the best of your knowledge" is an ignorant opinion its seems like. i have dealt with afa. all they have is a list of what has sold and for how much. thats it. and as far as supply demand goes, you think prices guides set prices on ebay? thats bullshit. the more i talk to you dude, the more i feel you have no idea what your talking about in any aspect of this discussion.

8. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

:duel 

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't have much knowledge about (or use for) AFA, so I can't offer much insight there...

HOWEVER, I'm always up for some Wheelie bashing... there was a MIB Wheelie on Yahoo Japan recently with an opening bid of 100 yen, and I don't think it sold.

That's around 75 cents, folks. Wheelie, in packaging, can't get a bid of 75 cents.
    :lol 

10. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

freedom is right of all sentient beings. collect what you want, i prefer boxed and open, but some people don't think that they should be set free.

11. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't have any use for the AFA. I'm one the side of "open them". Collect for the fun, not to make money. Malach Ra if i were you i would'nt waste any more time typing back to this guy. I say to each there own

12. rawl316

rawl316 Well-Known Member

I used to collect baseball cards and lots of the vintage rookies have no value unless they get graded. Same as this, although it certainly doesn't seem as necessary as it is with sports cards.

13. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    i wasnt sticking up for AFA, i was just stating facts. I only get super hard to get things graded. but no, i'm not a fan of grading either. Laser Optimus just needs to do alittle more research before he goes on a rant. thats it. And the guy selling wheelie is mazz. he runs a pretty cool website.

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I stand corrected than. I really wasn't getting irritated about AFA I just don't really see the point or why AFA graded things go for such astronomical prices.

As for doing research, I'll agree that I was a bit uniformed I guess, but my information came from someone whom I talk with frequently that claimed to have had things graded from AFA before. So, I apologize if my information was a tad bit incorrect.

Personally, I basically go with a to each his own type of reasoning.

15. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    no big deal man, i hope i wasnt coming off like an asshole, that wasnt my intention. i have had bad dealings with getting things graded by those idiots in the past, and i wont get anything graded that absolutely doesnt warrant it. its too expensive,plus they give grades based on what type of day theyre having it seems like alot of times. anyways man, have a good one.-damon

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's cool. I actually was hoping I wasn't coming off like an ass myself after re-reading my own posts. :lol  You take it easy yourself. :thumb 

17. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    hey where in tampa so you live, I live in new port richey/holiday area.

18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Temple Terrace

19. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    AFA graded items with high grades and AFA-gradeable items that look like they'd receive high grades often go for around the same price. It's not that AFA suddenly turns every piece of shit into a diamond. A sealed toy in very good condition is going to command a high price whether it's AFA graded or not. The advantage of getting an AFA grade, though, is you get the fancy protective case to go along with it :) 

20. Malach Ra

News Credits: