Stunticons!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Godzilla2, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

This would be a good move if they did that! I mean using them so they can counter the Autobots would be a great subplot!

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No stunticons please. They'll severly resrict the Decepticon cast and be too similar to Autobots. Plus, Power Rangers combiners FTL.

3. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    and aerialbots for the autobots.

4. Godzilla2

Why not? They don't have to be the main Ds. U can have about 12 Decepticons and 12 Autobtos in the movie!

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That would be the single worst move they could make in the movie.

Nobody would get enough screen time. 24 robots is too much for one movie. Hell, this movie barely gave enough screen time with 13 robots! Just look at Bonecrusher.

12 robots on each side means no character development for anyone, people complained about not enough screen time for Brawl/BC/SS, it will be impossible with 24.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd want the stunticons more than I'd want Devastator. I'd love the subplot of having the Government maybe think they were Autobots at first, but The Search for Alpha Trion is one of my fav G1 episodes, so that opinon is coming from a fan not a casual moviegoer.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Frankly, I'm thinking that they should stay away from combiners in the movies. If they find a way to pull it off so that it doesn't look like the Zord combination sequence in the Power Rangers Movie than I'd be more open to it, but for now I think they need to just focus on making memorable characters and the like.

Kind of how I hear Bay wants to do a 'aircraft carrier' Transformer. Tidal Wave (with his size and what not... especially given the new movie's petient for realism) would definently be a good replacement for any combiner.

8. Godzilla2

But the Powerrangers weren't the first ones to have combiner robots nor was the Transformers but the Transformers came out way before the Powerangers did!

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:

But you gotta realize PR poularity was HUGE in the 90's. The casual movie goer who sees combiners in a TF movie might not know about Devastator, Superion, Menasor etc, and might view it as a PR ripoff. I'm not stating this as fact, or saying I actually CARE what someone else thinks, just saying its a possibility.

10. Godzilla2

Yeah see your point. But come on that would suck if they would say that "Oh this is a rip off of the Powerangers dude!" when clearly TFs came out way before the Zyurangers/Poweranger ever did! But that would look cool though! So people aren't gonna think much on it at least from what I think.

11. Godzilla2

It would be a gret climax! They'll go rogue and it will take the Ds and the As to beat him!

12. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.