Stunticons Giftset Question - Weapons Variations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RoboticPlanet, Jan 31, 2010.

1. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I received these Dragstrip weapons from eBay seller senuseret72/thethingsifind a while ago and I'm not positive what I have.

AFAIK, only Stunticons Giftset (Japanese? US?) came with weapons on a tree like this, and I suspect that's what these go to. Compared to the US carded accessories, at right in the pic, the apparent gift set weapons are a different shade of color and have different molding details - around the base of the barrel on the large guns, and on the sight and barrel of the pistol.

[​IMG]

Can anyone confirm the molding and color differences from the giftset, and possibly a picture to compare against?

Any help would be appreciated! :) 

2. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Pmed you

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Maybe there is a KO of Menasor on the way along the lines of the Devastator and Superion ones?

4. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Fred's Workshop mentions that the Stunticon accessories came in different shades of purple, though it doesn't specify if this applies to all of the blue and purple accessories or just the Menasor kibble:

Variations: Unite! Combiners Merge Here

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I'm almost certain i've seen a few US Menasor Giftsets with sprued accessories.

As for molding differences... i would suggest it may be to do with production moving from one factory to another. IIRC, the molds for these things are heavy, so much so that some were abandoned. New molds may then have been created as production moved to a new factory.

...but i'm no expert.

6. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    While it's true KO accessories were being sold on eBay a few years ago, I DC confirmed my suspicions and hopes about these: They're likely protoypes/testshots, which makes sense given the eBay seller I bought them from, known for the tons of protoypes he was selling on eBay without a clue of what he had.

Thanks again DC. :)