Heavy/Scratch: Stunticons Form Menasor

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by skeith09, Jan 25, 2012.

1. skeith09

skeith09 Well-Known Member

hey all long time no see been away for a bit but im ready to try and get back to Custom some TFs

I decided I wanna try my hand at a Menasor and so here is my Prob
    and any tips,tricks and Refrences you all could share would help since this techichly would be my First real Big Custom my self

alright so I decided to go with Menasor route with Cybertron Optimus as Motor Master (will be gettin later)
    but my Prob is cant figure what to do for Dragstrip
    tryin to buy the Mirage Fig for that mold is PRICY! lol
    and dunno might wanna see bout some alternatives to the lil Dragster?

Below is what I got so far and what im thinking of doin so far

got me 2 Redalert Molds to use as the Feet (Breakdown and WildRider)

but dunno of who for sure to use as Deadend let alone Dragstrip as mentioned

im currently tossing the idea of using a Rodimus as Deadend
    or Maybe even Dragstrip
    if I did use Rodimus as Dragstrip (or some other wild Racer looking Car bot)
    then maybe downshift from Cybertron as Deadend?

so lots of inputs and thoughts and Exp would Help alot

2/28/12 Big Update!
    ok got much work done and more to come

1st
    managed to fix up the 2 bots for the shoulders and yes I broke down and managed to get a KO of Mirage in the end

2nd
    added toes to the feet in a effort to add stability and using lego bits built around the Foot/heel I had before
    Ill go back and shave it down and cover with styrne later but for now gives it the big blocky Robo feet to me so all good so far

Im still having issues with stability tho and dunno how to go about fixing it
    iv taken a close up of the legs and how the stand thus far but it has a Tendency to wanna fall over (frontwards) despite him bein back heavy tho??
    Weird right?

so any suggestion,input,comments or critiqes is Much Greatly needed Thank you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

i used generations blurr for my dragstrip just did some modding and used a dotm space case for the head

3. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

The only thing i can suggest for Dragstrip is a knock off.Thats the same problem i've run into.

4. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

If you can find a Universe special edition Dragstrip for a reasonable price, then you're set.

Otherwise your best bet is a knock off Mirage (and depending on which one you get, the quality can vary from near HasTak quality to crap) if you're set on having Dragstrip being a F1 racer.

Though I've seen some pretty good Dragstrips that were made from Gen. Blurr, so that can be another option.

5. skeith09

hmm I do have a spare Drift I was Gonna try using the head on a wfc meg to make a Galvatron with so I suppose I could use Drift/Blurr for Dragstrip
    I havnt seen any on here tho of that,can anyone point me to some so I can see?

6. Quantum25

7. skeith09

hmm yea See that was good
    I kinda wanted to see how another bot/Racer would work as Drag anyway cus I kinda thought it be nice to see a More Modern version for him ya know
    besides the same old Dragster

so yea I think I might go with that cept the head tho cus I still have my heart set on using it with wfc meg to make a Galvatron lol

alright so now that just leaves the ? if I should try to use Rodimus as Deadend or Maybe Downshift wich Id have to get

just I say that cus I kinda Feel like the Mold of Downshift screams Depressed con that Goes around Sayin "were all Doomed" lol then again maybe Rodimus could work to
    any thoughts or Votes to Either?
    TF Fan to other TF fans ^^

8. Quantum25

I'd say go for Downshift, it'd be a nice change of pace from everyone else using Hot Rod as a base (not that there's anything wrong with using Hot Rod as a base, I'm just not a fan of the mold) and Deadend's color scheme would look pretty cool on the Downshift mold, so there's that.

9. skeith09

yea thats what I was kinda thinking as well
    alright so I just need to Get Downshift and a optimus from cybertron line and ofcourse the Unicron for parts

wish me luck then cus tryin to find these guys at Good Prices or Cheap isnt easy lol
    I wonder tho if I could sub Optimus for someone else for motor master who Might I try
    just in case id like to have a back up but most iv seen has been Optimus from cybertron

10. Quantum25

I've seen some good results with using Universe/RTS Inferno/Grapple or even classics Prime as a base for Motormaster and there's the option of using MP Prime as well, though all three of them are most likely going to be a bit pricy.

You can also try checking out the Junkion Exchange, I've heard you can get some pretty good deals over there.
    Good luck. :thumb 

11. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I think a combo of both Drift and Blurr would be better. Blurr was remolded for guns, but Drift has a nice big spoiler.

12. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    sorry to be a b*tch but this is not for radicons if there has not been actual modding yet... it took me some time to fiugure that out aswell ;)  so no hard feelings and goodluck!! :) 

13. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    He removed Hot Rod's spoiler...It's a start.;) 
    Don't you have like 15 WIP's that could use some attention?:) 

Anyways...back to the discussion...

Honestly, I think that if you're set on Dragstrip being an F-1 type race car, you're kind of limited to the Mirage mold...but as others have pointed out, other Radicons have used a variety of molds for Dragstrip. That's the cool thing about customs...you can take any mold you like, mod it, and call it Dragstrip. You can't be wrong...you know? You might stumble on to a mold that works splendidly for the character!
    If it was me, I'd take a look at a couple of Animated figures like Arcee or Blurr...Arcee was already used as Dragstip for an exclusive...I don't think it would be too terribly difficult to mod one of those figures to fit in line with the other molds you're using.
    It's an ambitious project nonetheless, and you're surrounded by a group of people that are excited to see your progress...Go get em!

14. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    ok my bad... no worries :D 
    15-30 what's the difference I got 24/7 to spare ;) 
    agree let get back OT :p  LOL

I advice... the easy way if you haven't done much customs yet...
    otherwise go for the 2 different mold let's for sure! ;) 

15. skeith09

Thanks for the Support and input guys
    Ill be sure to post more as It does slowly get worked on but im sure ill be posting on here for help as I plan and work out this custom and BRING IT TO LIFE! lol
    anyway I wonder if anyone can point me to how to do the Roof/Shield mod that can be done with the RedAlert Mold?
    Still Debating on who to use as Deadend cus I did like Downshit but the whole car Hood chest kinda leaves me wondering who else might be good but till then def got him in mind and Drift as Dragstrip
    ^^

16. Quantum25

That depends, perfect transformation or parts forming?
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/343718-stunticons-2.html The mod's in post 15 I think.

I've seen RTS Jazz and the Universe Prowl mold be used as a base for Deadend with pretty good results though he's still going to end up with the hood chest.

17. t.for.transform

t.for.transform Well-Known Member

If you want a Dead End without the hood chest, might i suggest using Universe 2.0 Hot Shot with a head re-tool and a simple mod of removing the spoiler if it's not to your liking... I've seen a few Dead End WIPs taking this approach...

Here's a few pics to show the similarities... Plus it gives you a differentiation between molds...

Attached Files:

18. skeith09

its funny you would mention jazz I just got done re watchin a G1 ep where the bots disguise as the stunticons and Jazz plays the part of Deadend

and Thanks for the Link to the Mod
    I looked in the how to's but didnt see anything bout it
    then again I was looking for somthing to say "Redaleart/Sideswipe/sunstreaker Roof..."
    as for the hotshot maybe his cybertron version...eh either way guess most likely itll be one of the 2 jazz or Downshift but Thanks for Mentioning Hotshot
    Ill look into him as a Possible one too

19. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

A bit of shameless self-promotion, but this is what I've got for my Stunticons so far:

Classics Rodimus for Wildrider: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/355912-henkei-united-stuntron-wildrider.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Generations Red Alert for Breakdown: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/263560-henkei-united-stuntrons.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As for Dead End, I sat on that for a while. Bought a Henkei Hot Shot intending to use that, but I just don't like the mold at all. So I've got an RTS Jazz waiting for a repaint and minor mod.

Drag Strip is pretty much just SE Drag Strip. I picked one up years ago, when those first came out. Likely going to give it a new paint job though. The deco Hasbro gave it is nice, but I think it can be better. Or better allude "Drag Strip" out of the toy rather than simply "yellow Mirage."

20. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

You could use the PCC figure (name??) that is a race car similar to Dragstrip. It's a cheaper option than Mirage but it might be too small to work well, with the others, unless scale isn't an issue for you. Good luck.