Heavy/Scratch: Stunticon Drag Strip ver 2

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by maximus_primal, Dec 17, 2008.

1. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Well I got my hasbro TS Drag Strip yesterday. I have already taken my version and mixed the parts with hasbro's to make what I think looks like a better version (pictures coming soon). But RRavage really got the wheels in my head turning. I photoshopped what I think will work and not interfer with the transformation. It would require moving the existing wheels forward then placing the second wheels behind it. Any thoughts on how to reattach all the wheels?

Attached Files:

2. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

Small screws or rod inserts covered up with putty maybe

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Glue? I'm not really the person to give a very experienced answer, sorry. I would like to see what parts you swapped to make it better in robot mode. I have an extra Mirage and Fracture I'd be willing to steal parts from since I'm gonna eventually tackle the 4 front wheels problem by cutting one of them up anyway. I'm also gonna put a better head on him too. Do you plan to swap his head with another? I'm thinking cybertron hardtop, it's small enough (I think) and it's kind of got the side ear things with visor eyes like the toon DS had

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd say glue and pins, that way you have the strength of a pin holding it, and also the glue as a back-up supporting the pins....

Or, just ask RRavage what he did.

5. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    I may have said this someplace else, but very speedracer looking.

6. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

What I ended up doing is I cut off Mirages axels/wheels & replaced them with two sets of wheels from one of the small Lego Racers sets (the ones that are like $4.99). They are the perfect size.

Problem was that I had to remold the entire front of the car, a lot more work than I had originally planned. His front spoiler is now permanently attached but at least in bot mode it makes for a good hip/waist area.

Still a WIP though as I haven't yet finished painting him or detailing him, and I'm kinda liking the Sunstreaker engine mod (I may have to "borrow" that idea :p  ...if that's OK with you Rravage.)

7. RRavage

RRavage MMC follower......

News Credits:
    Thats pretty much exactly what i did. Remember that where the wheels join, the part that becomes 'Mirages' chest will fold into that area in alt mode, so the pins wont be that big.

26_Mirage, i dont mind at all dude, you go for it!