Studio Series SS-34 Dark Of The Moon Megatron Packaging

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by f90happy, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy cow, he looks so boring as a transformer. What the heck, Hasbro? Does his bot detailing use ANY of the truck at all, or is it entirely on his back?

I wanted to see a lot more cab & truck components integrated into his torso & shoulders... even the original voyager years ago succeeded in this regard, and the transformation was creative & interesting. This guy just looks like a lazy shellformer.

Been waiting years for a leader of this guy. Severely disappointed so far.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then why not wait until we get proper HQ pictures instead of going off the current Blurr-fest ones we have.

3. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw that. My point still stands.

5. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The thing is, the model itself is all squashed and messed up, there's no possible way to make all of the real parts of the truck making into the bot and adquiring the shape like model.

WeiJiang tried to do it and look at it, now THAT WAS garbage, even the voyager cheats by not having better sculpt and being partsforming.

If you want to shame someone, then it is the person itself who made that design in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RinAldo

RinAldo Well-Known Member

As Grimlock SS Leader, even Megatron SS Leader does not have a transformation in line with the CGI character of the film...! In fact, Hasbro designers have "inverted" the position of the robot... with the legs that form the front structure of the truck cab, and the trunk and arms forming the rear section of the cistern; in my opinion, to highlight the six wheels on the legs (two pairs on the inner sides, and two singles on the outer sides). But this choice caused an "aesthetics defect"... the thighs of the robot too slender (the thighs of the Megatron CGI of the film, are almost as massive as the lower sections of the legs); the legs of Voyager DOTM are made better (thanks to the transformation in line with the CGI of the film)! Another detail that does not convince me is the cloth cloak... which in CGI design can be modeled on the figure of the robot, but in reality it is not so... much better, the elaborate rubber cape of the Voyager DOTM, which gives a superior aesthetic effect! As a first impression, it seems that the good work of aesthetics and design carried out on the first two Leaders (Grimlock and Blackout), has failed in these new two Leaders... especially in robot mode!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Er...how about we just wait until someone has the figure in-hand and has had time to futz with it?

Before we get too antsy?

• Like Like x 1
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    You say that like the transformation schemes have anything to do with the proportions of the robot modes. SS Megs could've easily had big ol' boots and tiny thighs if the front of the truck was the chest, etc. The transformations are total bullshit and produce ass wherever they please.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

• line supposed to be about accuracy
    • this iteration of dotm megs is even less accurate than the original toy thereof
    I think barring weijang or similar taking the old toy and giving it an overhaul to fix it's main flaws, I'll just stick with the old toy. studio series is really, really hit-or-miss. hoping bonecrusher will be one of the "hit"s.

edit - also wishing the board would stop putting slashes in front of every apostrophe or quotemark I type. but it has been doing it to me for years so I suppose it will not be stopping anytime soon.

• Like Like x 2
  10. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Oof

News Credits:
    No glitch there. Thats just the edge of the steps.

IMG_20181111_133736.jpg IMG_20181111_133801.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  11. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior!

• Like Like x 1
  12. RinAldo

The type of transformation has a lot to do with the proportions of the robot mode... especially if we are talking about a model (Hasbro) not particularly complex as a more sophisticated "TF 3rd Party"! For example, the legs of the Megatron SS Leader are slim because they bend inside the front structure of the truck formed by the lower section of the legs... instead, the thighs of the Voyager DOTM are thick because together with the lower section of the legs, they form the rear trolley of the cistern!

13. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Given that there's no way that CGI robot model could actually transform into the truck it's supposed to, I think I'm fine with a little inaccuracy with the SS Leader toy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    especially a Hasbro toy with the budget they have

• Like Like x 2
  15. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is a pity that Barricade can't get frenzy but Megatron get the Igor

• Like Like x 3
  16. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

• Like Like x 1
  17. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It's something I feel that even if it was a MPM with a larger budget, or even the best 3rd Party with all the money in the world, it could never be 100% accurate without some compromise. The design in the movie just cheats too much.

18. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi i’m in love with my car

Barricade should’ve exchanged his weapon for a Frenzy that can be stored in the car’s grille like movie 1 Barricade. I don’t give enough damns about weapons, characters > weapons period.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RinAldo

Your speech was shared by many until some time ago, especially regarding Transformers with the most humanoid form of TF4 AOE... then last year Peru Kill UT arrived (never put a limit on the talent of a good designer, able to realize even the impossible)!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    The point still remains though, Peru Kill is from a much much higher budget than any SS figure, is an amazing piece of engeenering, but he also has some proportion flaws.

I don't know why all of you expect MP quality in those figures, they do not compare.

• Like Like x 5