Studio Series SS-34 Dark Of The Moon Megatron Packaging

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by f90happy, Nov 7, 2018.

1. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

I think it’s finally time to add a movie Megatron to my collection.

2. Timesynch

Timesynch I still function! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dotm-starscream&megatron-film-lincoln.jpg

Unfortunately, no. But G1 Megatron was so much more respectful and gentle to Abe than DOTM Megs. :lol 

200w.gif

I didn't have the heart to take a hammer to Abe either so Leader Megs will be sitting on his lap. :D 

• Like Like x 11
  3. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi i’m in love with my car

Dotm’s novel/original ending had Megatron leaving for Cybertron while Igor watched from far away.

I like to theorise had Bay kept that ending Transformers 4 would’ve had Igor as the big bad manipulating KSI under the guide of helping them.

4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Ah, maybe have him instead of Brains?

5. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It would be cool if a herd of elephants was included so I can reinact that scene where Megatron said "ALL HAIL MEGATRONNNNNNNNNN!"

• Like Like x 4
  6. Timesynch

News Credits:
    I can't be sure if Megatron was being self-deprecating in that scene. People can say he was weak and pathetic in DOTM but I actually think that was probably his most complex depiction in any of the live action movies (outside of the brief scene in TLK where he claims Earth is hell for him). That and the Earth alt mode (as nonsensical as it was) makes me happy.

As for the transformation scheme, yeah, it may be a Sideswipe situation where the actual design is reversed from how the robot is supposed to transform from the alt mode but I'm guessing they went with cab legs and arms/chest from the rear of the truck to get the beefier bot proportions while not relying on a big partsforming weapon piece from the oil tanker like the DOTM Voyager figure. It's a tradeoff, especially with how cheaty the CGI can be with the transformations.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  7. ObakaChanTachi

Maybe. But if that ending stayed it’ll raise a bigger question; what about megatron?

• Like Like x 1
  8. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

I’m glad they’re re-doing the DotM line with Studio Series. The original DotM toys marked a point where Transformers seemed to go down hill. More expensive, less paint, smaller, simpler. Now it’s like we’re getting the DotM line we shoulda gotten.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Time to army-build Beast Wars Ironhide! :D 

Ironhide-bw-magnaboss-toy.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Roadblock1977

Roadblock1977 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. ObakaChanTachi

I find it ironic how we’re praising SS as the new HFTD when they have the exact same problems that made post-HFTD toys “terrible”.

They’re expensive (a SS Deluxe costs twice as much as a deluxe from ROTF)

Some have bad (both Ratchets), false advertising (ROTF Megatron) or even outright wrong (Dropkick) paintjobs

Some are tiny (Blackout, beetle Bee and Optimus are the biggest offenders) and

Can sometimes be so lazy it’s not even funny (Lockdown size shifts the wrong way around, Ironhide’s bumper, Ratchet’s roofcage, SS05’s chest, etc.). Oh, and vehicle scale is all over the place too.

Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE studio series, but I think the line’s only claim to fame is that characters who hadn’t gotten good toys yet are finally getting them which is great for all of us, but I think SS is a bit overrated and still far from the golden ROTF days.

• Like Like x 3
  12. AutobotMirage

AutobotMirage Wrecker

News Credits:
    Let's hope he doesn't get shot by Sentinel too :D 

• Like Like x 1
  13. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

I just want them to announce The Fallen already. Fallen, Sideswipe, and Shockwave are the ones I want the most right now. Though They haven't done a lot of ROTF unfortunately.

14. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    What about him? Galvatron would have been a proper new character, and Megatron returning in TLK with his new "knight" body from Quintessa would have made more sense for when and how that was supposed to have all happened.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Perhaps it was for the sake of getting a long truck. Having that beastly alt mode be the same size as Optimus' would have been weird. He would easily be a small leader depending on how the transformation works.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    transform one to robot mode and pretend it's that elephant megatron blew open in the novel!

17. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Movieverse certainly isn't the place to be for Beast Wars Ironhide. You won’t get a break as an elephant because Megatron keeps being a dick to Africa's wildlife and if you're Ironhide, Sentinel’s out to get ya.

Just move to the Japanese continuity, call yourself "Santon" and become Lio Junior's babysitter, it's tedious but the least harmful option here ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  18. Timesynch

News Credits:
    Yeah, agreed. My guess is his bot mode compacts down quite a bit to scale better with Voyagers like Optimus so he ends up being roughly Ultra size like Leader Blackout. The truck alt mode is super long due to it being the cab plus the oil tanker trailer.

DOTM Megs basically has G1 Motormaster syndrome in which truck cab+trailer has to transform into a bot that's roughly the same size as Optimus who is just comprised of a truck cab without the trailer.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

They probably should have just done the truck portion without the cab, like the cyberverse figure. why complicate things? his vehicle mode is only seen for like 10 seconds total in the movie anyway.
    i appreciate that they gave him the hood and shotgun, though. and the igor is a nice touch.

20. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I don't know how I feel about this Megatron. I've enjoyed how the Studio Series has maintained a decent sense of scale between characters. With this being a Leader figure, I fear he'd be towering over characters like Optimus, or possibly Blackout.

Also, the leaked images of this figure from a few weeks back didn't look too pleasing to me. From what I saw, his upper legs looked skinny and the feet looked like clunky blocks.

Aaaaand, judging by Igor on Meg's shoulder, I get the feeling his full truck cab is on his back.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018