Studio Series Deluxe Class Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Negronicus, Feb 20, 2018.

1. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    SIGH At this point I consider this figure to be a partsformer. This is now what happens every goddamn time I try and transform him. This figure is going to require more mods than any other just to work how he’s supposed to work in the first place!

14ADD5A5-3D78-4EC5-BCF0-5D5E6BF5B4B3.jpeg

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BvZDOsEIUAEDlkg.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    One has to wonder just what you're doing during transformation.

Mine never comes apart.

• Like Like x 1
  4. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    These are all known issues, so don’t act like I’m some sort of brute who can’t transform a transformer.

For posterity:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    One of the parts that came off in your picture is the arm. Yknow, the part that's meant to come off to swap with the cannon. So what it seems you're saying is that you pulled on a piece meant to detach on a simple peg and was surprised when it detached?

The roof I get, though I only ever experienced it going to alt mode and once I realized that it happened all it took was a little delicacy and I never had an issue. The little rear wing panel is also just a simple hinge that I can't imagine how it'd fall off when it's not in contact with anything the moment it disengages from alt mode.

• Like Like x 2
  6. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    The arm falls of CONSTANTLY, and I've only done the arm swap gimmick 4 or 5 times since I got the figure. My entire post was about what happens DURING TRANSFORMATION. How nice for you that you got one of the 10 good copies of this figure but that has no bearing on my issues, which are widespread enough to consider it a very good chance that someone buying this figure will encounter at least one of these issues.

The cannon arm stays on much better but since you can't transform him with it still on it doesn't matter. I know some future could fix it but then again why should you have to future the shit out of most hasbro figure these days? And that won't fix the roof hinge. I even tried softening the plastic and bending it but that only marginally helped. I think I'll have to try the "cup of hot water" approach as that is the only thing that would make this toy worth it to even touch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Bad QC on his figure would be enough to make any part attached only by friction be constantly falling off. The roof stays in place on my SS Bee, but the arm socket had to be tightened with super glue. Curiously, the roof stays in place on mine.

It's not his faul for having a bad copy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk YEET

News Credits:
    I had a lot of the same issues many had when I bought it the first time. I had to return it because it really was an unbearable experience playing with it; it's my second dud of this line, the first being a Ratchet with a deformed spare tire. I only bought a new one when I saw it was part of one of the later corrected production runs that Tfwiki mentions. The one I have now holds together better, although the roof is still loose. Not a huge fan of the cannon though; I wish it could have been more versatile, like wrist mounting or being able to transform with the cannon still attached. That said, I don't recall him ever using it in this form, so it's not really all that necessary for me. He's a fine figure if you get one that doesn't fall apart; he's just not as flashy as any other in SS. I like him well enough, but me warming up to the VW version is threatening his place in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eh...I’m just gonna get the VW version

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Picked this up because I was bored and apparently don't care about heaps of reviews that this figure is shite 99% of the time. The roof came off right out of the box and is so loose that is I tab it back in and shake the figure gently the roof just falls off again.

Since I'm rather new to doing my own work to correct stupid issues like this, is this type of plastic able to reshape some if I set it in boiling water for a while? I'm sure a ton of nail polish will help do the rest.

• Like Like x 2
  11. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom TrypticonCarne on Seibertron

only brutes i see are bobbyskullface and baltmatrix, and I know the SS bumblebee has issues on falling apart, i handle my stuff with kiddie gloves and bee falls apart

• Like Like x 2
  12. ThatAutobotGuy

ThatAutobotGuy New Member

I dipped the hood section (which just wouldn’t stay on in a light breeze) for about fifteen seconds in hot (not boiling) water then pressed in on the pegs. Dipped again pressed again. Then dunked in ice water. Popped in back on (now a very tight fit) and it has been perfect since. Really took the figure from one I regretted getting to one I like quite a bit.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I just took a hairdryer to mine for about 60 seconds and gently pinched the tabs together a little. The roof has not fallen off once since then.

• Like Like x 1
  14. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Is it confirmed that later versions of this mold don't have these issues? I seem to recall people saying the gold version and the one with the extra parts don't have the roof issue.

15. optimusprimeroc

optimusprimeroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its identical to the canon from tlk bumblebee but mirrored

16. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

The connection point is different though. Tlk had the elbow on the cannon, Studio has the cannon attach below the elbow.

If you want a correct cannon arm for TLK bee, buy the 2nd Japanese version with the hammer.

17. WEEGEE

WEEGEE they warned me!

News Credits:
    I can't wait to play with my new bumblebee figure its gonna be so much fu-

• Like Like x 3
  18. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I'm in the same position.

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I just picked one up few days ago and mine is exactly the same way. Roof section was already detached in the box and falls off just looking at it. That's really the only issue mine has.

20. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I did the hot water trick on my bees roof section and now it's super tight and no longer falls off. Pretty easy fix.

• Like Like x 1