Studio Half Eye

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Apeface, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

Their products are ridiculously expensive, but awesome as hell. I was just wondering if anyone on here has any of their products and could give me some opinions before I take a plunge and buy something.

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I wouldnt mind getting their Simple Change Great Might Gaine Perfect Mode myself. But the size really deters me since the price is just too much.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    One thing I always hear is that their figures are FRAGILE. Put to much pressure on a part while transforming it and it will crumble in your hands. I don't know if all of their products are like that, but many, like their GunBuster, are, I have read.

4. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

That's what I am afraid of. I don't want to drop a load of money on something thats going to break easily.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't own any of their products also but collectors in my country have also commented on how fragile their products can be.

6. GetterDragun

GetterDragun Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the Simple Change Getter Dragun. It is small and light, but kind of cool. I can ee it being fragile, but as a toy, as a collector's piece it is fine. Some joints are a little loose, but what do you expect from what is essentially a custom made toy?

7. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you're wondering if there's anyone here have S.H.E products? well there is, awhile back boardmember solscud007 posted pixs of his S.H.E Might Gaine on the Brave thread.

Quite an awesome piece of engineering for such a small product. here's the pixs:

S.H.E simple change Might Gaine
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1951542&postcount=1922

8. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I owned the Perfect Change Compact Version Shin Getter 1 for a while, until I realized that, once you got over the fact that it was quite clever, it wasn't really all that great as a toy or a display piece thanks to being overly fiddly, dull and odd looking, and extremely, extremely, tiny. I sold him for a loss.

Still, pics, because I have 'em:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're great if you're in love with the idea of their transformation and the concept of owning a hand-assembled resin kit (which is what they essentially are). If you want a show piece... I can't recommend them at all.

9. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i've seen these pixs before on robot japan but i didn't know that you sold them for a loss. poor thing bro :( 

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HalfEye designs are pieces of mecha engineering art moreso than they are actual toys, IMO.

Though I don't understand why the Simple Change trend involved plug-in fists...the entire inspiration for their company was a childhood frustration with toys that had lots of loose parts. Simple Change figures would do it for me if their hands actually folded away most of the time. :/