Studio Ghibli films

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Black Oracle, Jan 19, 2012.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i forced my niece to wait/put off Grave of the Fireflies for as long as possible before watching it.

i warned her it was a tough outing. amazingly, she loves it, though she said she doubts she would want to sit through it again, knowing just how tough it is.

that's a caveat of GREAT filmmaking; you risk losing an audience because it is just THAT good, or is that powerful.

2. Christian Prime

Christian Prime SF Ibuki & Makoto Fanboy!

I've managed to gain myself a copy of Arrietty on Blu-ray during my trip in Liverpool last week. :) 

[​IMG]

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Big fan of Miyazaki. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is my all time favorite followed by Castle of Cagliostro and Laupta. But I've yet to see one I don't like.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yesterday was the last day, and I got to see all the movies i wanted overall outside of one, The secret of arrietty, and we missed it because it sold out before the festival even began :lol 

so we saw Castle in the Sky, which was subbed, which of course was a good movie

Then instead of Arrietty, we saw Porco Rosso. My god, that movie is hilarious, seriously, that movie was a blast! so glad i saw it instead of arrietty

then there is the final movie, NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind, Good God that movie is amazing, it is EASILY my favorite Miyazaki film. Must buy it on blu-ray. It is easily one of my favorite pieces of animation