Strongest

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Grandus Prime, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Grandus Prime

Grandus Prime Well-Known Member

Is Grimlock the strongest in terms of "brute strength" of the normal size transformers?

2. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    As of this moment I can't think of anyone stronger, so probably...yeah

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Beast Wars Rampage could be in the same league.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Are we counting combiners? By sheer size they must be stronger. Or the citybots, or unicron/primus...

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fortress Maximus and Omega supreme are way more stronger then Grimlock.

6. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OP says "normal size".

G1 comics Shockwave is a candidate in my mind.

7. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

I am tossing my hat in with Grimlock.

8. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Ah my bad.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Either Unicron or Underbase Starscream.

10. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Grimlock ftw!

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Trex bot > people bots

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Using tech specs as a basis, Grimlock has a strength of 10, so all other transformers must be as strong or weaker than he is.

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Definitely NOT Grimlock. There's really no basis for this at all. It's Prime or Megatron... among "normal sized" TFs, there's very little question that in G1, these guys took the top spots.

Grimlock's original bio reads:
    So, in other words, Grimlock is probably weaker than Prime, but they're close enough that it's not a sure thing. Likewise, Shockwave himself acknowledges in the G1 Marvel comics that he is not a match for Megatron at his full power. However, Shockwave's bio confirms:
    Also notable that in the G1 comics, both Megatron and Shockwave were each able to take on ALL FIVE Dinobots by themselves and were more than capable of physically overpowering the whole team. In each case, the battle was inconclusive, but largely due to Megs and Shox each falling prey to plot-mandated coincidental misfortunes.

The only others I can think of that might eclipse them are Galvatron (who may be a special case due to his ability to draw power directly from a godlike patron), and from the G2 comics Jhiaxus... who was able to dominate both Megatron and Optimus Prime in combat!

zmog

14. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Any class 10 character would ahve roughly the same strength as far as the normal size range goes. Optimus may be a bit stronger than Grimlock but not by much and that goes to same for Megs also.

15. Grandus Prime

Grandus Prime Well-Known Member

I have read during the UK Marvel run, they put out a factbook and one of the questions was, who was the strongest transformer and the answer was Grimlock.

16. SMOG

The 10 score for Strength has always been ambiguous, since anyone in the larger size classes seems to go "off the chart"... but you're probably right. As far as I can remember, up until 1987, Optimus, Megatron, Grimlock, Rodimus and Galvatron are the only normal-sized characters with 10 Strength, so it's a pretty exclusive club.

Once you get to Headmasters, they start handing out the 10's a lot more freely. Hardhead, Sixshot, Apeface, Snapdragon and Skullcruncher are all 10 Strength... which I find sort of questionable. Poor Scorponok doesn't even get that.

I don't think that's true... especially in the Marvel continuity, where it was already demonstrated quite plainly that Grimlock was no match for Megatron.

zmog

17. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wonder, however, if it were a bare knuckles brawl who would win. Take megs canon away and Prime's matrix and put them against Grimlock I get a feeling, on pure speculation, Grimlock would win. Weapons wise...Megs hands down. The power of a black hole coming out of that canon.

18. SMOG

In a straight up brawl... hard to say. If Megatron's 10 Strength is enough that it eclipses Grimlock (like it did in their Marvel confrontations), it may not matter much. Just because they seem less rough and ready than Grimlock, I wouldn't treat Megatron or Prime as anything less than devastating in hand-to-hand combat.

On the other hand, something that makes Grimlock stand out among brutes is the fact that he actually has 10 SKILL as well! He's not just a thug... he's probably one of the most skilled fighters out of ALL Transformers. After all, while 10 Skill in some other characters might relate to their agility or scientific or medical abilities... there's really no question that in Grimlock it can only be the sweet science of cracking skulls. :D 

Looking at it that way, Grimlock actually BEATS Megatron in Skill, Courage, and Endurance... so in a throwdown, he might stand a decent chance. Prime meanwhile has 10 in all of those categories, so he might be a better match for Grimlock one-on-one.

But in the end, we still have the evidence of those early Marvel issues. Bob Budiansky, the man who created Grimlock and wrote his full bio entry, pretty much had Megatron hand Grimlock his own ass in about 6 seconds... and he didn't even need his Fusion Cannon to do it. So when it comes down to the original intent of the author, I think Prime and Megatron were always intended to be truly in a class of their own.

zmog

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

you beat me to it

20. AMG

AMG Old School

I'd say Galvatron.