Striker Prime KO Battle Hooks

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Sentinel, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I just received my KO Battle Hooks for my Striker Prime and they are amazing. I paid $18 shipped from eBay seller gigaproshop. I ordered them on April 11th and they were delivered on April 23rd. That's pretty quick, especially when the delivery estimate was May 10th-23rd.

I happen to have a set of the real Striker Prime Add-On Swords for comparison.

[​IMG]

I will say that the plastic on the hilts of the KO hooks is easily as good as the real thing. The plastic on the hooks themselves is more delicate, but I think that is more due to the greater transparency and the fact that the designer was emulating the bonus hooks that were available with the limited version of the DMK01 Optimus Prime Dual Model Kit by Takara.

The orange plastic of the KO and the Takara swords are not even close to matching, but that is ok. I like the color of the KOs quite a bit better and they seem to match the coloring of Striker Prime better as well.

The detail on the KOs isn't as intricate as the real deal, but it is surprisingly good.

[​IMG]

The fit of the handles is nice and snug in Prime's hand. The scale of the hooks works great despite the fact that the hooks were originally designed for the model kit figure rather than Leader Prime.

[​IMG]

Personally, I very much prefer the look of the KO hooks to the official Takara add-on swords. I never have Prime displayed with the swords in-hand, but I will have him with the hooks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall, I am very glad I picked these up. The quality seems really good even if the hooks themselves seem a little delicate. When you compare the prices of these KO hooks to the prices of the offical Takara swords, it is a no-brainer. These hooks are much better for the price and in my opinion they look really good with Striker Prime and look tons better than the hooks from Battle Hooks Prime and even better than the swords from Takara.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Nice pictures! I have a set of those on the way.

I'm curious about the pegs on the side. Are those 5mm?

3. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I believe so. They are the same hilts that are on the Takara swords and they fit into the mechtech ports on Striker Prime and others.

4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Thanks for the review. I'm considering these...

5. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    As am I!

I have the KO swords for my Striker Prime, and they're great for the price. I would rather the hooks not be clear, but they still look good. If they were clear with painted orange parts that would be cool, but I could always do that myself!

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Those are awesome, and so is the price. I'm tempted to pick up a pair for my Battle Hooks RotF Prime and just remove the cheap-looking spring-loaded hooks the toy came with. These look a million times better. Plus, I hate the springs triggering at the drop of a hat 50 times during transformation.

7. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I tried these on Ultimate Prime using the 5mm pegs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried the swords as well:

[​IMG]

8. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Looks okay. I might have to get some.

9. wingsaber86

wingsaber86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, the 5mm pegs on the hooks are on the bigger side, so I had to shave a bit of plastic first in order to make them fit in other 5mm holes... Tried them first on the mechtech ports on the sides of my Dotm Voyager Optimus Prime's gun, and they stressed so much the border of the holes to the point of breaking it... :(