Strike while the iron is hot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Da Fallen, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Da Fallen

Da Fallen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With all of the talk of the Rumor that Michael Bay was done with making Transformers movies got me thinking, even though he has stated that was not the truth, he has let his feelings be known that he is sick of Robots and wants to wait for a 2012 release of the third film. I think this is a HUGE MISTAKE. In 2007 the first movie was huge, then that last part of 2007 and part of 2008 the movie was the top selling DVD of the year, then you got the rest of 2008 to talk about the new movie and the hype was built even more. After this movie releases, I think it will break the Dark Knights record, I see a U.S. Gross of around 570 Million Domestic, and a worldwide gross of 1.2 billion. then the release of the DVD in October which will break all types of records.

Now my idea, If Bay is not on board, hire a director that will make two movies, one that will release in July of 2011, the second will release sometime in 2012, the fourth movie can pertain to the whole 2012 end of the world idea, possibly with Unicron.

I think waiting that extra year could hurt this franchise, what does everyone else think?

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Naa I think everyone would enjoy a year and a half of Universe

3. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Three years between sequels is pretty normal. If anything, two years is unusually fast.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

They should definitely wait.

5. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

terminator 2 came out like 8 years later and was a huge success. chill.

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Star Wars movies always had a three year cycle, I don' think it's to long of a wait.

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Out of all the movie franchises that shot two installments at the same time, only TWO of them produced good movies for both parts: Back to the Future (and Lord of the Rings (and that one was because it was an adaptation of a novel). Shoot, Sam Raimi recently decided to make only one spiderman movie next year instead of two. It is a terrible idea. I say no to producing two movies at once.

8. Nervol

Nervol Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should definitely wait til 2012