Stress Marks Got me Stressin

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omega Jolt, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

While I'm normally content to sit back and watch other threads I've noticed a new disturbing trend in the recent Transformers releases. By luck or circumstance I tend not to end up with even remotely defective TF's, however, recently every TF I've purchased has ended up with stress marks (or had them right out of the box). My most recent purchases include

-HftD Axor
    -PCC Mudslinger
    -HftD Hailstorm
    -HftD Terradive
    -PCC Double Clutch

And every single one of them has upwards or 10 structuraly hazerdous stress marks running through various panels, and is esspecialy bad at the pin joints (Axor is the least problematic). Now, I am ocd-edly careful about stress points when transforming my figures and have never had anywere near this much trouble in the past so I'm wondering what's going on to cause all this. Didn't someone say a while back that Hasbro recently changed factories overseas? Maybe that's not related, but who knows?

I know the first runs of a figure can be poor for various reasons but something seems kinda different about the plastic they are using for the new line, that, and none of my older figures ever stressed at the pin joints the way these new ones are. I'm also wondering if Hasbro has finnaly reached the critical point in their design intricacy were largely plastic figures can't support the strain of all the "tab and lock" thin panels etc. etc.

I'm mostly interested if anyone else is having these problems and/or could shed some light on this issue. Since time already ravages toys so much it just seems to compound the issue with damage on the front end. I don't expect Tomahawk to be any better when I get him later this week, but my fingers are crossed anyway.

Maybe this is all completely off-base, but still.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

First I've heard of Axor, Terradive, and Hailstorm.

Mudslinger and Double Clutch are pretty much plagued with issues anyway.

3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Sometimes heating the stress marks can make them disappear (with hot water or a hair dryer).

Be careful with some areas though as you could permanently warp them.

Randy

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I have no problems with the above figures you've mentioned, except Axor because I don't have him yet. Sounds like a string of bad luck to me.

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    My Axor is fine, the only figure I've had problems with is ROTF DLX Ratchet (the door panels) so I just keep him in bot mode. It sounds as though you got unlucky with some figures, but those PCCs have an endless string of QC issues, just look at Double Clutch's feedback thread.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

My WFC Prime has some stress marks, but nothing major.

7. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You still have to be careful in the area. Using a hair dryer or other means may make the stress mark disappear, but the structural Integrity of the area is still the same.