Street Fighter IV Finally Confirmed?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Metal Soldier, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I never thought Capcom woud ever use 'Street Fighter' and 'IV' in a sentence together.

EDIT:
    BTW -the link is giving an error. I'll keep trying.

EDIT #2:

Here is another link -no images. GRRR!!!

3. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Well, they shouldn't have done that.
    Now if the game doesn't look just like that I will be disappointed.

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, that looks pretty freaking awesome.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Now that the video is up I have to agree.

Imagine if the characters were that detailed.
    Imagine if it really looked like that if they exchanged blows at the same time.

Probably not going to happen.

I do hope the game is truly in 3D (not the polygons in a 2D Plane of the EX series) and you can dodge the energy projectiles and see them smash into and break objects behind you.

I was really hoping if they ever made a Street Fighter IV that Ryu would not be wearing a white gi and Ken would not be wearing a red gi. Ryu could have his red headband and Ken would have the long blonde hair but would it be impossible for them to ever change their clothes?

I would love to see mostly new characters, too. However, I would like to see Alex return.
    His was a pretty cool design and he didn't play exactly like the typical big\grappler character types.

I remember when I first got good with him, people did not expect it and I got some pretty easy victories until they learned to compensate.

6. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I need to change my pants. That teaser made me too happy.

7. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I was starting to lose hope that there would ever be another Street Fighter game.

8. gil

gil Godmaster

Would it hurt them to include Sagat?

And what does "New Beginning" mean? Do they start all over and Ryu is young again? Or will it continue where 3 left off and Ryu's getting older. Anyway, interesting, very interesting.

9. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I completely didn't think it would be SF IV, I was even making jokes that it wouldn't be. Wow.

10. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Capcom know that a Street Fighter game has to have Ryu and Ken and if that means changing the story etc they will do it. If new characters are used I don't want them to just re-hashes of previous characters that play the same.

I'm a HUGE Street Fighter fan so i'm really happy with the announcment of SF:4.

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:

I would love to see Sagat, but based on your user name I would have thought you would want to see Gil return. :lolol 

Although of all characters I think he needs a new outfit. Men in diapers just don't cut it for me.

This may surprise some of you, but I would like to see Bison return.
    How cool would it be if he was such a different character that you didn't recognize him. He could look like some tattered, crazy homeless guy. Then in one of his victory poses he could put on a beat up old Shadoloo hat.

12. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I kind of hope for a Guilty Gear style of graphics, street fighter went to 3d before and from what I gathered that didn't really end well. That said if it has to be 3d and it plays well I'll be for it, I just don't really wanna play tekken with street fighter graphics and thats kind of the feeling I got if they go 3d.

13. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Could be awesomes, but i'll reserve any serious comment until we hear what form its going to take and who the developer is.

14. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i hope its not 3d. in all this crazy HD madness, its seems that the idea of an awesomely hand drawn animated high def extravaganza has been overlooked.

LONG LIVE 2D!

15. gil

gil Godmaster

You know I was pretty excited to hear that the boss for SF3 was a dude named Gill (yeah, close enough). But then I see that he's a half blue, half red freak with blond hair, and wearing nothing but a "diaper" -(quote Smasher). So, now I'm glad his name is Gill and not Gil.

Anyway, while I can see why they should have different characters to differenciate IV from the previous games, I personally want every figher that's been in the Franchise (well, maybe not the fighers from the first game). So, that includes both Balrog and Dudley, Sean and Dan, Alex, T. Hawk, Fey Long and the twins, and Sagat, Vega, Gill, and Bison. All that, plus brand new fighters. I just hope they don't do a MMA guy to capitalize on MMA's current popularity. SF is more K1 then UFC, and I don't see a MMA fighter working in this game.

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I just want two things. Adult Sakura and Dan. Give me those and I will be happy.

17. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I'd be creaming my pants, had this been announced 5 years ago...

As it is, all my love for SF is gone, even if it did introduce me to the genre of fighting games.

18. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet.

19. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

If Capcom include Fei Long I'll be all over that game. Let's hope it'll come out on Wii so I can use the nuks to play.

20. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I love the SF series and some of the SF:Alpha figuras. Give me Akuma, Guile, Fei Long and a T-Hawk type character.

I'd love to see a 3D cel-shaded game, with 3D environments, but with traditional button type controls from the 2D days. Capcom, don't even think of when it comes to the control scheme!