Street Fighter II V

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by optimusprime2004, Mar 19, 2007.

1. optimusprime2004

optimusprime2004 New Member

What do you think of Street Fighter II V. I need your opinions about the show. :cool: 

2. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

I think its one of the coolest Anime shows ever. I bought them all on VHS tape (Tells you how old they are) then on DVD. If your a huge Street Fighter fan this is the best Anime that exists for it.

I do think they must have ran out of story a bit near the last 5 episodes. As they did repeat alot. But the last episode does make up for it.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a pretty good series. Definitely better than the American Street Fighter movie that starred Jean Claude Van Suckage.

However, when compared to other anime versions of SF it does fall short of the first two movies (SFII: TM & SFA: TM) it is much much better than that weird SFA: Generations direct to DVD thing that they did recently. If you can find the box set for cheap (Wal-Mart's been carrying recently for around $19.99 for the whole set) it's worth picking up. Just don't expect any deep storytelling...

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I got mine at Wal Mart for $20 like mentioned above. I haven't finished watching it just because its so out there that it just turns me off. I ended up skipping most of the second disc since my ps2 didn't like it and was too lazy to go back to my living room to watch it on an actual dvd player.

I put it at the about average, being a SF fan and loving SFII The Animated Movie it was just lackluster.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    And so is having a colonoscopy -LOL!

Also, how is Alpha: Generations weird. I haven't seen it.
    Is it a tie in to Street Fighter: Alpha or do they go with their own continuity?

6. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Oooo DEFINITELY get Street Fighter V if you can. It's such an excellent series :rock 

The fighting alone is great, hands down the best SF anime out there save for the Street Fighter anime movie itself

Street Fighter: AG digs (or attempts to dig) deeper into Ryu's life and the secrets of Hadou/Dark Hadou. In that it ends up the Ryu is Akuma's son. Honestly I rented it and for only a 1 hr OVA, it's EXTREMELY hard to follow. It's branded as a sequel to the Street Fighter Alpha Movie. But Generations completely retcons anything from the Alpha movie

7. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I'm a SF fan and I wouldn't touch SF2 V with a 10 foot pole. The character designs just plain make me want to run away screaming.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info. The Alpha Movie was great -its a shame that they retconned it.
    Although I would like a little more information on how Ryu could just "turn off" the Dark Hadou.

9. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

IIRC he can't just "turn it off", it's like a dog tasting blood. He's tasted the power of darkness. So now he has to be careful with his emotions, as strong violent emotions tend to envoke the dark Hadou

Think Inu Yasha, without his Tetsuaiga sword to seal away his more demonic impulses. At times where his life is in danger, his pure demonic murderous side will emerge on instinct. It's the same way with Ryu, the dark Hadou is an almost instinctual response. And if he uses dark Hadou he's at risk of losing his humanity and becoming like Akuma

10. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

street fighter kicks ass i even made guile in sd vs raw 07 so i could use him to beat the shit out of wrestlers

11. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

SF II V was a fun series and does a better job of covering most of the characters than any of the other Street Fighter animes. Infinitely better than either of the craptastic Alpha movies, but it does have some goofy moments. If you can find the $20 set at Wal-Mart is worth the purchase.

12. PMPrime

PMPrime Made of sterner stuff...

Pretty good series overall. However, after the awesome Ken vs. Vega/Balrog fight, it almost slows down to a crawl until the final 5 episodes.
    Also, Sagat is almost nonexistent...which is a minus for me.
    But a big plus is that M. Bison/Vega is voiced by the guy who did Raoh from Fist of the North Star. Such a fitting, bad ass voice..

13. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I thought it was an ok series. The first half is definitely the best part. After the Ken/Vega fight it just kind of breaks down. I'd say the two biggest travesties are what they did to Balrog and Cammy. They completely changed the characters to the point that I didn't even know who they were until they specifically identified them. Balrog was a spy who infiltrated Interpol to such an extent that he became one of it's top members.

This is Balrog we're talking about here.

So far, nothing beats the Udon SF comics.

14. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I never liked sf 2 v it just seemed to go at a glacial pace even for me and nothing really happens, generally when I think of street fighter I think of a tournament and if memory serves its just ryu and ken around the world on 26 episodes. I more or less sat through it as a sf fan and there was nothing on tv at midnight when I saw it. I'd say avoid it