Stream media to my cell phone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kronos, Oct 6, 2007.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    Well, I have a vast collection of (Legal) MP3's and I would like to be able to stream them from my PC to my Sprint Razr V3M. I have found a few sites that will have you run a client on your home PC and then access a website on your cell. But they kill the quality. I was wondering if anyone knew of a J2ME based application that did the same? Basically run a client on my PC and access an APP on my cell that would allow me to stream my music. Thanks!

2. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    ##########

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You'd be better off buying a 2GB or 4GB micro SD card, copying your songs to that and putting it in your phone.

4. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Bluetooth? You may need an adapter to stream like having a bluetooth earpiece.....maybe sync the V3 to windows media player or somethin....I tried that, with a USB cord and I was able to upload songs to my phone thru Windows Media player, in my Vcast folder (i have a verizon phone) but I have bluetooth keyboard and mouse and 1 adapter so after I tried to connect my phone to my comp, it screwed up my settings for the mouse like it was on the same band so I havent bought another BL adapter yet so bleh. you have to check "enable OBEX transfers" on your phone using seem editing like a program p2k commander from your comp. You must download all nessary drivers to show that your Razr is communicating with your computer. All Rzrs i believe are Obex locked so you have to turn it on.

5. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:

I have been doing a bunch of seem editing on mt Razr! Lots of cool stuff to do. I am considering flashing to VIVO firmware. But im kinda if'y. if I mess up, I have a bricked phone. I am waiting on someone from craigslist to see if they will sell me a Razr to try and flash it and see what its supposed to be like. That way im only out like $20.

6. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tried connecting my Razr to my computer over Bluetooth but Sprint only lets it function as a modem. Eventually, I got a USB cable and connected it that way. Using Motorola Phone Tools, I can copy over whatever music I want.

7. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

right on guys!

Ya I didnt want to load the firmware either cause my phone was new at the time.

Now Im trying to see what others can do to it when youload the firmware, and a while ago all that was available on forums was like pics and gif's and screensavers, but now I see free WAP access and using it like a modem...

by the time I got my WMP to recognize my phone I think I was into it like 3 1/2 hours and I just started to get lazy and dizzy lol.

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Sounds like a huge pain in the ass to me. Get an iPod or something and be done with it, and you don't kill your phone by listening to music.

Why would you want to stream what you can just have there to begin with? I don't get it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  9. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

maybe soon someone will come up with a mobile java applet for our ware to access youtube or dizzio or vizzio or whatever that new streaming site is called....on the new client would be cool, so you could nix your computer and access it directly from the razr like free Vcast.

I heard a while ago you could access the memory card completely and upload large DVD's to the razr.

Or extend the video camera mode for more time is cool.

heres a youtube from some dude if you need a tutorial on how to make it work like a modem if you dont have internet access(verizon)

and heres one to get free wap on your Razr without paying for internet service.....I did this too a long time ago and it works(verizon)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  10. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Figured 10 minutes was enough for a thread bump?