Digibash: Straxus

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by kjeevahh, Jun 8, 2008.

1. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    repost of an old thread, as the new galvatron might provide a good base?

--------------------------

Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't made one, just throwing an idea out there!

I just came across this head, it's from a megabloks neoshifter called atlas:raan, it looks like it would make a perfect starting point for a straxus.

Apologies for the following terrible attempt at a digibash, i'm a good photoshopper but on g/f's laptop at the moment, which means using a trackpad and mspaint!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You get the idea anyway. Go on jin, you know you want to!

Attached Files:

2. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    That could work, fo' sho'.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

The head's definitely a good start for Straxus. The Universe Galvatron as a base, though, I'm less convinced on.
    For one, aren't Neoshifter heads roughly the same size as Bionicle masks? Bear in mind Galvatron's only a Deluxe class fig, so unless the heads are quite small, they'll look horribly out of place on him.
    And I don't think, unless you're going for more of an update kind of think, that Straxus was ever identified as a tank anyway, so much as a cannon emplacement (a bit like G1 Galvatron, or Fourth Heir's pic as you've posted.

Actually, if you're thinking about using that pic as a basic for the design, I think Energon Megalvatron would be a much more apt base figure; a lot of the fittings you'd need are already in place (the wings could be adapted into those angled pods, and the legs fold in a similar manner), plus I think the size would be much more suitable to fit an NS head.

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
  5. JinSaotome

JinSaotome Banned

Ebay:
    Hmmmmmmmm!

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I say you should go for it KJ.....you have shown us all that you have skills in the Sig Request thread....you never know, you may end up liking it...

Ask Nemesis Predaking....he loves it!!

:thumb 

7. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i've done plenty back in the day - not Tf though! don't have the time money or workspace for the kit now

8. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I have no idea what your talking about ............. :confused2 

9. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

Woah boy... when Jin expresses interest, you know an idea's got potential. May I propose a competition to see who can complete their Straxus first?

10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol 

:( 

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

seeing as how customs ARE his job, you'd be silly to take that bet. he doesn't do anything but paint.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Regardless of who "completes" the custom first, the ownership of the idea belongs to kjeevahh. Just because a person posts an idea doesn't mean he/she releases the rights for another to produce it. If kjeevahh wants to do that with his concept(s), he has every right to; if that's something he doesn't want to do, those rights belong to him as well. I feel silly pointing that out, but I've just seen the wrong things happen too many times. I know the Customs Collation adheres to that (which is why I agreed to it).

Anyways, this being said, what do you want to see happen kjeevahh?

13. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

Wait are you sayin that if i see a custom idea i like that some one else made or is planing i cant replicate it?

14. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Not at all. After all, your toys are your toys to do with as you see fit, and there's absolutely nothing to stop you copying his idea if you so choose.
    But let's face it, it'd be the height of rudeness to copy the idea, finish the custom, and claim it all as your own idea. Always give credit where it's due.

I've never heard of the Coalition before, but it's a nice idea, and I just checked their website. In particular, the first two 'rules' of their code of practice would seem particularly pertinent here:

15. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    haha well i'm very glad if someone feels inspired, i hope they have fun with it - especially seeing as there are a few radically different interpretations of straxus about. here are a couple of others -

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/6/62/Straxus.jpg
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/t...mb/b/b4/Straxushead.jpg/180px-Straxushead.jpg
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/darkFX/HMW/mtmte-straxus2.jpg

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Not at all . . .

. . . rather I'm trying to inform that claiming another person's idea as your own is not only "rude", but downright wrong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism Depending on what circle one is in depends on the level of consequences one may suffer as a result of doing so. In academia, one can be dismissed on a permanent basis; in our world (like Ramrider said well), one can be seen socially as many different things and their work seen in a lesser light. Regardless, wrongdoing is wrongdoing. I would like to add with the recent numerous ebay auctions over the last year of Transformers customs that once money is involved, it becomes a slightly different issue.

In short, if you see a custom someone else has made, just give em props for their inspiration and things will be cool :thumb 

17. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

I asked you awhile ago if you get this head done if you would want me to cast him?

18. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    well an available straxus head would be pretty nice as he's obviously one of the biggest gaping holes at the moment! however i'm sure jin has some nice ideas for it that would do the jjob nicely

19. luke4

luke4 crocon

use marvel shape shifter apocalypse as the base. the gun mode wont look super uber cool but the robot mode would

20. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits: