2D Artwork: Stranglehold!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by TedimusPrime, Aug 2, 2010.

1. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

Yaaay! I finally finished this. I actually had the lines done along time ago but I didn't know if I was going to do a background or not. Anyways, here it is: Stranglehold. For those who do not know Stranglehold Stranglehold - Transformers Wiki was a generation 1 pretender who had the pretender shell of a wrestler and an inner alt mode of a rhino. For these reasons I chose the best alt mode I could of a G6 Rhino http://www.military-today.com/artillery/g6_rhino_l1.jpg and colored him in the inspiration of the wrestler minifig http://www.madeformums.com/uploads/images/Medium/13501.jpg
    So I hope you all enjoy!
    [​IMG]

Edit: Realized I forgot a bio!
    Back in the gladiatorial rings on Cybertron, Stranglehold was unmatched save for one lone opponent: Megatron. While most decepticons in the ring were dirty, crude fighters, it became clear that Stranglehold was different from the scum. His respect for those who beat him in the ring lead him to Megatron, and his hunger for victory made him a valuable warrior. But now that he is on Earth he has become bored as he continues to seek an opponent worthy of his attention; going into every battle to meet his match. Slowly though, as battles after battles pass he has come to realize that there is still one Decepticon who can match him, and perhaps his time as leader has come to a close.

Attached Files:

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    NICE! Stranglehold is amongst my favourite Decepticons, I like this rendition. I also like your idea of turning him into a Rhino tank. Nice job! :thumb 

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

very well done

4. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

It's good that as unorthodox he is you managed to like him :D  thanks

Thank you!

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really like this. You did a great job here :thumb