Strange Phone Calls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alphie, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    And sometimes it's fun to just testdrive a car and not buy it.

2. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

FTW

3. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Can you call these numbers back?

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Anything beats pushy telemarketers, which can be fun when you ask them to buy the stuff you could'nt get rid of on ebay. They 'll just hang up though, cheap bastards

5. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

When I changed my cell number a few months back I started to get naked text messages, strange voicemails, calls from sex hotlines, etc. It lead me to believe that some perverted sex deprived guy owned my number before. It was amusing for a couple of weeks then just anoying.

Next time answer the phone and say:

Hello you have reached Satan's voicemail.
    If you would like to win the lottery press 1 now.
    If you would like to be rich and famous press 2 now.
    If you would like to sell your soul and take advantage of our full benefits package press 0 now to be connected to the operator.

*hang up*

6. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:

It could easly have been a prank. All you have to do is punch in a certain number before you place a call to have the number blocked. I can't remember what the number is but I use to do it to my friends all the time. The prank part, not the being prgnant part cause well, I'm a guy.

7. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I got a good wrong number about 6 months back. Some reasonably young lady called me and asked where her friend was, I explained that she must have the wrong number at which point she accused me of stealing her phone and tried to convince me to give it back and gave some huge sob story about how her friend needs this phone to look after her baby or some shit. I was all like... WTF?

8. murphbri

murphbri Well-Known Member

On my landline, I get two kinds of calls: telemarketers trying to get me to refinance my house (who are incredibly pushy), and bill collectors trying to get a hold of Ophelia or Clarence Williams. (Curse you Williams, pay your f*cking bills and quit giving out my number! *Shakes phone*)

It's not a big deal because I mainly have the line for my alarm system.

As for my cell phone, I would get the odd call from teenage girls or guys looking for the prior holder but that soon stopped. Lately I've been getting blocked calls from telemarketers, which should be illegal (if it isn't already) as that costs me minutes :mad 

9. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I get calls from a guy named Sol Rosenburg all the time....weird.

10. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

When I got my more recent cell phone, for the first couple weeks, people were calling me who clearly had the wrong number.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    When I got my new #, I kept getting calls from folks with thick Indian accents. I think that stopped about a year after I got the phone.

12. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

My line gets blown up by telemarketers looking to hook me for a refi.

Strange thing is they never stop calling. I just like to play with em a lil bit now. say shit like, when they call me, and i see the name on the caller-id, I say whoevers business name showed up, I pissed one guy off real bad like that! I was all like "strategic investments this is troy.....how may I help you...."

One time to get one to stop calling my number, I answered the phone like a lawyer "Johnson Colletti law office how can i help you?" They stopped calling the next day lol!

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    gotta love crazy ppl dialing wrong number. someone accused me i was cheating on her, i was like wtf bitch?

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

^ That was me, you cheater you asshole!

waaaaahhh

15. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    There was this one time where I had this telemarketer always calling our house. One night I told them to not call again and hung up on them. Not fifteen minutes later, they called again. My dad grabs the phone from me and proceeds to rant in Spanish. Afterwards I ask what he said, he just shrugs and says: "I was ranting on and on about spas." The company never called again.

16. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Same here. It is a fax machine. I looked into it before and found out that my current phone number was a fax number to some sort of foundation in the bay area.

So I contacted the foundation itself to see if they can help me, and they said that my number was their fax number a couple of years back. They also said that they will notify all their contacts not to use the old number anymore (my number).

Believe it or not, the frequency of the sputnik phone calls dropped almost to one per 2-3 weeks.

I got a good method to get rid of telemarketers. They ask if they can talk to me (The owner of the house) so I say no they can't. When they ask me why I reply sadly that the owner had just passed away a few days ago. They never call back.
    :ev: 

17. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    My weirdest call isn't from the 1000s of calls I've handled in the five years I've worked in call centers of various types, but when I was in the hospital. I was already doped up with pain medication when this older gentleman called seeing about his "room mate" at the time named Woody. He was a nice guy, and I didn't want to disappoint him so I went along with it. My name isn't even Woody, it's SHANE!

18. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I got a call about 1:30 am one morning...

Me: Hello?

"Is Rosa there?"

Me: " Sorry you got the wrong number."

"Oh sorry."

got another call about 2:10 am, same morning, same guy...

Me "Hello?

"I need to speak to Rosa."

Me: "Dude, you called me like 30 minutes ago...no Rosa here!"

Another call, same morning, same guy...this time about 2:45....

Me: "What!"

"Damn it! Let me talk to Rosa!" Guy sounds drunk and pissed!

Me: "Stop Calling me! Theres no Rosa here!" Hung up on him!

Yet another call, same morning, same guy...this time about 3:15....

Me "What!"

"MUTHA F**KER YOU BETTER LET ME TALK TO ROSA OR I'M GONNA COME OVER THER AND KICK YOUR A**!!!"

Me: "MUTHA F**KER CALL ME ONE MORE TIME, AND I'LL MEET YOU HALF WAY, AND KICK YOUR A**!"

Hung up on him again.....never got another call!

19. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    I got one on my cell before, it was a lady calling aboout a trailer in the ad she wanted to buy. I talked to here and told her when should could pay for it and pick it up. I wonder what happened?

20. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    Not my phone call, but the phone company I worked for a while ago now did have an amusing fault on the network where sometimes (very rarely, but sitll sometimes) an SMS sent would be spammed out to hundreds or thousands of people.

I picked up a fault one day where some poor girl had been giving her bf some sex chat over SMS, and she'd sent one particularly... saucy... message that had gone out to quite a few people. She got over 1000 SMSes back, sadly only a few told her she had a wrong number, most were apparently guys saying "wow! I don't know who you are but I can be over in 10 minutes!"

My personal experiences would be the indians we have call up thankfully now every year or so looking for someone who hasn't lived at our phone number for at least 5 years.