1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

I feel that Transformers: Prime is almost a fan-fic... because it seems to have ADHD in terms of where it wants to go slash be.

I mean this in the sense that... Most of the first season was spent on building plots. Plural. We have the zombies, we have Mech, we have Unicron, and we have Exodus.

Now, the five parter was zombies. Fair enough. Then we had a couple of tonal episodes, giving us a feel of how this show is going to be... Then mech happened.

It seems right when Mech showed up, things really went downhill in terms of story telling.

Mainly because it started to focus on two things. The Decepticons doing the G1 thing/army building... which is par for the course. And Mech.

And so, as the Decepticons built their army, Mech decieded to poke its head into the fold at random intervals... but really, that isn't that bad either... except for one thing. The season finally. Which completely takes a 180 in terms of storytelling and drops everything we have been told up until that point, in order to thrust in Unicron and the Orion Pax plotline.

To make matters worse, the pacing of each episode has also gotten very slow, which I feel was done in order to draw out the longevity of the season, because a full story isn't told in each episode, which has been done time and time before...even in the show itself.

The latest episodes, I'd say even feel like webisodes that they are more focused on the cliffhanger then the episodes content.

Just a thought i've had on the show. I'm sure i'm going to get this broken record due to people not reading correctly:

[​IMG]

However, I'd still like to read your opinions.

2. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    I enjoy the series quite a bit, but would agree that I could do without the MECH group imho...great VA for Silas..but just don't care for the cons in human skin angle...maybe because they had too much of that in TFA, etc. But your point about lack of development of the MECH gang is true...other than Silas, who's in charge? Who's behind his activities? Also, why does he have a group of "Steve's" for his soldiers? Didn't have time or money to hire VA's??? So, I could take them or leave them. *shrugs*

I prefer the TFP team concentrate on the core Cybertronians and the same with the human cast....with a few more bots/cons dropping in from time to time to shake things up, throw a few kinks in the routine.

There can be enough stories/plots with Megs &Starscream's dance for power (TFP Starscream & Blum makes this ongoing struggle fun to watch) and of course the Cons vs the Bots battles including a few human destinations...they are on Earth afterall, perhaps continuing to find more Cybertronian artifacts, etc.....Also hoping that they get a little more time either on ships (maybe the Bots will finally find the Ark) in space, battles in space or an extended return to Cybertron--which could open up many plot twists and turns and bring more historical characters into the series as well.

That's just some quick thoughts off the top of my head. :) 

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  3. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

I'm afraid I don't see any of what you're saying. But at the same time, I freely admit that I don't have a well thought-out reason for it; I'm just content with the show and the direction it's taking. I myself can follow it just fine, and that's enough for me. I like the characters, I like the action and plot points...I just don't see a reason to complain. Maybe the fact that I have ADHD myself is why I can follow it, given the way you described the pacing?

I just don't know. All I do know is that I'm a pretty mellow kind of person who likes to see the positives in things, and that's what I'm doing. Does that make me an easily-impressed idiot with no standards? Maybe! Do I care? No. Haters gonna hate-- that is a universal truth. I'm simply not one of them.

4. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find myself agreeing with the impression that the show is really jumpy, in terms of plotting. The biggest contributor (I feel) is the dialog is horrible. The writers are great at cooking up ideas, but can't create convincing drama from them. All the characters do is narrate at each other, describing what has happened or what's about to happen – and often in relation to events occurring off-screen. None of it sounds natural, and lends a feeling that events are being summarized rather than dramatized – which I think is the source of your complaint that it feels like the show is jumping all over the place. They don't develop any of their ideas before moving on to something else. It's like we're watching an abridged audio book with pictures.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

That is my biggest problem with the show. What exactly is the plot? It's all over the place with episodic stories, filling the gaps between several different ongoing plot we barely hear about. Zombies and Mech were only in a few episodes and Unicron seemed to merely be a plot point for Orion.

I often think that better writers could have compressed the 26 episodes of season one into a 13 episode season. It would mean less time wasted between the continuation of ongoing plots. That could make it feel like less time is being wasted on episodic stories and make the season feel like it's setting up several sections of a story and not just throwing in whatever plot they think sounds interesting.

6. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    In fairness to the Unicron, he was hinted at several times at the start of the series, and a few times throughout, with regards the Dark Energon.

And I think Mech is going to be a very long on going plot throughout the majority of the series. But that's just my thoughts.

7. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could totally live without Mech, however I do think that the second and third mech stories were very well executed.
    Personally, I want my Transfiction to be about robots fighting robots, not about history reports, flipping burgers or worried mothers. After all that stuff, Mech seems pretty good.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I agree pacing was off.

Though MECH is on-going story arc that'll pay off sooner or later.

9. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The episodes in season 1 are a little "choppy".

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I agree that Season 1 was a bit slow but luckly not too much to be a serious problem. I'm sure Season 2 from the looks of it will fix that.:) 

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I agree the pacing is strange, but it's not like it's bad. Just odd.

12. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    Agreed. There is a direction and point to the storytelling, its just that (it seems) the writers have a lot of story-arcs planned, so they require a lot of setting up.

I will say, however, that the first season could've been squished into a 13 episode order. 5 parter, Masters and Students, Sick Mind plus Out of his Head, Predatory/Partners, and then the 4- part finale.

13. toaster

toaster It's Hip to be Square !

Agreed. It's pretty difficult to make a well-paced story in 26 eps. Although , we sorta need dues ex machina for Breakdown and Knockout.

14. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was thinking maybe we could have had KO and BD in Masters and Students instead of Skyquake (obviously they wouldn't die).

15. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Skyquake's death is supposed to be important though.

@Thread: Eh, it's not any stranger than the pacing of TFA and BW's first seasons.