Strange encounters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Latias Prime, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Latias Prime

Latias Prime I'm only slightly crazy!

Have you ever expereinced anything weird in your life, like sighting a like monster or seeing a ghost?

There was one summer I was at a religious retreat up in Burlington, Vermont, on the shores of Lake Champlain, which divides the north-eastern part of New York from Vermont. Now, Lake Champlain is known to have a monster living in it, a creature locally called Champ. Although sightings are not common, there have been enough to show that something odd is there.

So, that summer was hot, and one evening my mother and I went down to the lake to take a swim. At first nothing strange happened, but as the sun went down we started to get an uneasy feeling. Then, out of nowhere I felt something big brush against my leg, and and a huge wave washed over us. It freaked us out so badly that we swam to shore and got the hell out of there.

To this day we have no clue what happened. The wave could have been just a natural rouge wave, waves that occur out of the blue, but that dosn't really fly with me. The thing that touched me might have been a fish, but it would have to be a big fish. My theory is that is was Champ coming to investigate two weird creatures in his home. One thing I know for sure is that I will never forget that evening.

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Have you ever expereinced anything weird in your life, like sighting a like monster o

Closest i saw to a ghost was when i was happy about moving into my new home and i got told to come over quickly where there was an old man standing in the top window yet nobody was in the house or had been for over a few days.,I Didn't sleep that night :( 

3. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    I opened my fridge and it said ZUUL!

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I spent an hour in my room last night talking to Fiorella LaGuardia, and he's been dead for forty years. Now where are the Ghost Busters?

5. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

They're not available.

Of course, you forget I was present at the undersea, unexplained mass sponge migration.

6. Thundersmacker

Thundersmacker More then meets the lie

The weirdest (human) encounter I had was during a 15 min trainride and involved esp.

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    When I was little about a month after my grandpa on my dad's side died. Myself, my mom, and my dad saw him walking by the side walk near his old house. This was March 1991. At the time we lived across the street and then he went away about 10 seconds later.

Then one time when one of my grandma's sister was in the hospital. My dad was with her and she started to look at a wall and began saying his mom was there with her and started talking. This was two years after she died. My dad was freak out about that. The next day my dad's aunt died too.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I really can't say I have, except one minor occasion that very well could have been a dream. My grandmother had just passed away the previous summer and I was at her home. During the night I experienced a feeling like someone was rocking my bed. It was a strange but warming feeling, which very well could have been my imagination.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Sounds like something that happen to my dad. It was about a week after his mom died. My dad and his family were really sad at that moment. He woke up during the night after feeling something just sat down on the bed. Then open his eyes and saw his hand was up like somebody was holding it.

10. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I haven't experienced anything.

11. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

ditto!

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I used to have an alcholoc raccoon living on top our old garage.
    We'd have band practice and drink alot, and it would swipe our bottles and take them up on the roof, then fall off eventually.
    I think it would've died hitting the ground so much if it were'nt always drunk.

Strangest thing Ive seen is when I was about 5 years old, I saw a dude standing at our sliding glass door at night looking at me. Scared the shit out of me. After that I was scared to open those curtains for awhile.
    Dad went out after him but he was already gone. He took my basketball and it showed back up a few days later in my front yard

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Since I joined these boards I have seen shit that would turn your hair white.

14. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Ran into Zombie Gollum on the streets of Vienna during a class trip once.

Ok, not true. It was what I presume used to be a man, totally destroyed by drugs to the point where he looked like Gollum and walked like a zombie. Almost bumped into him. I did not sleep well that night.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

My gf and her friends pitched in one one of those psychics readers.

I lol'ed at the whole thing, but she said some interresting stuff.

Another strange thing is old Egyptian Cleopatra currency. (portraits on money are usually correct ) Wow, that bish was actually ugly as sin.

16. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I've seen a huge flying triangle in the night sky, glimpsed something huge and grey walking through the woods of Mt Davis, Pennsylvania, and had several ghostly encounters. Pennsylvania and the surrounding area is good for that kind of creepy stuff, though. In less than four hours, I can be at a UFO crash site, Mothman's backyard, Silent Hill, falling uphill, or the domain of a water serpent.

17. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    There was this one time at bandcamp.................

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I opened the freezer and it shouted "Zuul, motherfucker! ZUUL!" I think that's worse.

Fixed.

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i once made love to the loch ness monster....does that count?

20. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    I opened it again and it said "ZUUL... MUTHERFUCKER...ZUUL!!! P.S., You're mother sucks cocks in hell!!!"

That is worse than both!!!