Strange Beast Wars 10th Waspinator redeco

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MrJoe, Oct 5, 2007.

1. MrJoe

MrJoe Active Member

So, I was at Toys R Us today on my lunch break and I saw something odd. They had a single Beast Wars 10th anniversary waspinator, but instead of his normal colors he is molded in light blue plastic with gold accents, and red (bug mode) eyes. I thought maybe he just got out of the factory without paint, but upon closer inspection i noticed his robot mode feet molded in gold plastic instead of green. I did a quick search of seibertron.coms' gallery, ebay, and our own boards and didn't find anything that looked even close. Dose anyone know if this is something weird?, or did I just miss the news about these comming out. If anybody is interested I should be able to have pictures up in about an hour.

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
  3. MrJoe

MrJoe Active Member

Yeah, that looks like him. So what is that a knock off or something...do you think its worth holding onto, or should i go get my money back?

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

No. It's that figure, swapped for another. It's worth as much as any normal FK Waspinator (which can't be much, most people don't go for that version) and nothing more. Someone did this just so they could get the (IMO) improved 10th Waspinator without spending money.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Somebody switched the old one for the new one in the box and took it back. There's no knockoffs or rarities to speak of.

6. MrJoe

MrJoe Active Member

wow, you know what on closer inspection i can see where sombody sliced the bubble inside the package (the one holding up the figure) so they could re do the tie wraps.

Thanks for the quick info!

I'm returning this P.O.S. first thing in the morning!

7. nectarsis

nectarsis I have ZAZZZZZZZZZ

hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds interesting

8. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I actually kind of/sort of like that deco, though it could use some touch-ups to stop the vanilla monotone it's got going on.

9. MrJoe

MrJoe Active Member

you know what... after slipping the tray out of the box and taking a close look, somebody went through ALOT of effort to save a lousy $10 (assuming the paid at least $5 for this "fox kids" waspinator). They actually sliced the tape on the bottom of the box, undid the tape around the tray so they could slice the bottom of the "bubble" so they could get at the tie wraps, but not enough to get your hands up there, they must of used some kind of elongated tool to undo/retie the tie wraps. Then they taped the whole thing back together, and re taped the bottom of the box. Weird!

10. defstar

defstar Autobot...

The most surprising thing is that you're finding BW 10th at all on the shelves of TRU...arn't they sold out everywhere for a long while now...?

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    This is getting to be more and more common, stores need to actually make sure the people working there are smart enough to look on the back of a toy package to make sure they're getting the same item that they bought. As it stands now if they do nothing it's legal shoplifting. At least this one might have gotten someone confused, a lot of them any moron should have been able to identify as a fraud.

12. MrJoe

MrJoe Active Member

yeah... we typically get stuff about a month after the rest of you guys. I live on long island, so our supply chain is kind of bottle-necked.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I've confronted stores about this, and they cite the "product and colors may vary" notice on the packaging.

14. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

That's nothin! I once saw a Star Wars 12" scale R2-D2 figure, remember the ones that came out with R5-D4 & the Jawa around 97? Well, some retard (and I think I know him but can't prove it) took the R2 out of the box & put a beat up 70's version with no legs in the box & returned it. I saw it sitting there on the shelf, loose & just rattling around in the box. That crap happens all the time.

15. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    My favorite was a classics starscream box with a red diecast vwbeetle instead. It was up at walmart for 6 months.

16. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Still it should be obvious that an RID Armorhide would not come packed on any new basic-sized packaging, I still remember that one and even with "product and color may vary" it's still painfully obvious it's not the right toy, you don't even have to know about them to know an arctic tank could never be confused with a dark grey jeep... All I want is enough intelligence to know difference between product varying and different product completely.

17. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn toy swappers. Some a$$hole does that with wrestling figures at my TRU.