Strained muscles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by soundwave86, Sep 18, 2008.

1. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Recently i started working out again so i guess i strained my shoulder muscle and it hurts like a bitch when i move my arm in a certain way. On top of that my job requires me to lift boxes all day. Anyway to let it heal nicely ? Or should i just rely on pain killers until it heals?

2. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

part of the pain is lactic acid building up in your muscles, this will go away in time. Something that helps me heal and build muscle faster is a protien heavy diet. I eat grilled chicken breast and a Myoplex shake after every workout. not sure how this will work for everyone, but it does wonders for me.

3. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you just started working out again, your muscles are probably not used to the extra work. I find that when I use my muscles more than normal, they are very sore for the next day or two. I just take some Tylenol. Most of the time it helps. I also wouldn't work out again until your muscles stop hurting. You don't want to risk an injury.

4. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Never rely on pain killers. That is not the answer. Just take a couple days off then start out again, slow. I work out 5-6 days a week and if you post your work out program I can see what your doing and maybe able to help you out.

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I worked out with some heavy weights, and rest up every other day. It still hurt like a bitch, my muscles themselves were ok but my back and neck all ached like hell.

Then I remembered all the stretching you're meant to do after martial arts training. So I figured what the hell. I did the upper body stretch, stretched the arms, elbows and neck, and it totally solved all my aches and pains.

Rest up. then next time you work out take it relatively easy, then stretch afterward.

6. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

do what tikgnat says, and also be careful of the shoulders. rotator cuffs are very important and often overlooked, warm them up and train them good.

7. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Yeah my rotator cuffs are screwed after 10 years of weekly lifting, whatever you do make sure you always, ALWAYS use correct form on shoulder and bench press and stop if you get any pinching feelings :)  good luck on your excercise endeavour, keep it up!

8. soundwave86

News Credits:
    I'll try strecthing more when i can. It still hurts but not as much as it did about a day ago or so.

9. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i re-started going to the gym too (started last week) and found that if you continue to work-out with other parts of the body (that doesnt use the sore part as a main) that it helps...it loosens it up.

stretch before and after the workout and every so often during the day too.

and if you feel pain (real pain)...stop....even if your not done with your routine...just leave, you overdid it...

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  10. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Stop whining and man up, Nancy.

11. soundwave86

News Credits:

Yes mamm :) .

12. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

Be sure to include Vitamin B and Cherry Juice..this helps with post workout pain.

I don't lift weights i do a strict Bodyweight routine. All Handstand pushups and the like.

13. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    start with tylenol, or aleve, then put ice on for 15-30 mins. wait for another 30 then put heat on for 15-30.

to prevent stretch for no less then 30 mins a day and work out regularly with a trainor