Straight Outta Lynwood CD discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Sep 26, 2006.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So who else picked up the CD today? I did. Love it.

White and Nerdy - Parody of "Ridin" by Charmillionare - So many great references in this song. Fantastic work

Pancreas - Original - Yet another weird original. Pretty good song.

Canadian Idiot - "American Idiot" by Greenday Parody - Hilarious. Even you canucks will laugh.

I'll sue ya - Original - Good parody about frivilous lawsuits

Polkarama - polka mix - Another great polka medly

Virus Alert - original - Pretty good. Glad there are no viruses like this for real.

Confessions Pt III - "Confessions pt II" by Usher Parody - another good parody

Weasel Stomping Day - original - Fun and bouncy.

Close But no Cigar - Original - Very superficial. Good song.

Do I creep You Out - parody of Taylor Hicks' "Do I make you proud" - Good parody

Trapped in the drive through - "Trapped in the closet" by R Kelly parody - Wow. This song goes on forever.. It is over TEN minutes long. It is long and rambling. Funny but very long.

Don't Download this Song - Original - FANTASTIC!! Love this one...

The second side is a DVD. It has videos and a karoke version of the album. You can listen to the songs in 5.1 stereo. You can even have it done karoke style and sing it yourself.

The videos are Weasel Stomping Day (By robot chicken), I'll Sue Ya (I wanna know what this is supposed to be a parody of if anything), Don't Download this Song (by Bill Plympton), Close but no Cigar (looks kinda like Ren and Stimpy art style), Pancreas (lot of old stock footage), Virus Alert (flash animation style), and a video of Al in studio.

Overall a fantastic album. Just what you'd expect from Weird Al.

Almost for got that there is a really sick picture in the center of the booklet.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    with all his rnb/hip hop inspiration, i cant believe hes yet to spoof a r kelly song :|

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually he did. I accidently put down Usher for the Trapped in the Drive-Thru parody. It is a parody of a R. Kelly song, not an Usher.

Of the center picture is

Highlight to see

Al dressed like a pimp and the rest of the band in drag dressed like hookers

4. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

The only thing that would have made this purchase better for me was if the "White and Nerdy" video was on the DVD side. Otherwise, I love it all (though haven't actually played the disc yet... I downloaded a copy early and listened to it before buying).

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have it yet but I love, love, love White N Nerdy. I've been watching lots of Al stuff on youtube lately too, such as live videos and the ALTV interviews. He's such a great entertainer...I've got nothing but respect for the man.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    "Pancreas" was a little weak, but the rest of the CD is top-notch-- one of Weird Al's better ones, IMO. Especially love "I'll Sue Ya" and "Virus Alert".

7. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

How much is it?

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Bast Album since Bad Hair Day

9. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Ah yes. Bad Hair Day. Classic Weird Al.

10. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I dunno why, but since "Even Worse" I never could get into his originals.

11. vf-xx

vf-xx ereh ees ot gnihtoN

Ebay:
    Just got through watching the video for "I'll sue" and I"m strongly reminded of Rage against the machine. Possibly: "Killing in the Name of"

12. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

I picked it up at Circuit City for $10+tax. I could have sworn their weekend ad listed it for $12 or $13.

13. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Thanks undertaker!

14. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might have to pick up one at Circuit City and take the one I have with a damaged case back to Target. Target had it for $17, which was the only place I could find it this morning at 8AM. It's another great CD. Pancreas was actually one of my favorite originALs- he truly nailed the Brian Wilson/ Beach Boys style, and the melody changes really worked. Friends at work were also impressed by the parodies and the polk medley, with 'Do I Creep You Out' being the only one that's kinda 'meh.' Personally, I think it's time for an American Idol episode devoted to Al. Number one, Al has a career longer than most of those featured on the show (and longer than any winner will ever have). 2, Al's music strecthes across a variety of genres, providing every idol with an opportunity to shine. Unlike, say, Queen night. Thirdly, Al would gladly show up to perform, and probably do something special. Fourth, it would make for great television when the night's theme is revealed to the contestants, and watching them pick out their songs. It should also lead to a rather light-hearted night of performances, something Idol could use once in a while. Anybody here work for Fox?

-Tony!

15. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

That would probably be the only episode of American Idol I would ever watch.

16. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

agreed. American Idol sucks. But watching the idiots who embarass themselves on camera trying to sing old songs would be worth it. If only to hear that Taylor guy try to sing Amish Paradise.