Storyline Differences

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sentai, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Sentai

Sentai TokuCon

This question has come up often on Tokunation, and it got me thinking while exploring TFW. What are the differences between the Japanese Storylines, and what we get here in the states? I know the names change. Obviously. But is it more than that? Do we change the stories in any major way, or is everything pretty much on par?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    In America Daniel became Arcee's headmaster while in Japan Arcee became a secretary.

Yeah 1987's cartoons sucked.... especially for Arcee.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well shit, there's entire shows that were never brought over until recently (if at all), such as Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Zone, Operation Combination, and Battlestars.

But even with stuff that's aired in both areas, there's significant changes in a lot of cases. Much as any localization, idioms and maxims are changed along with names, to fit the differing cultural contexts. Sometimes, but not too often, the content is altered to fit broadcast standards. Beast Wars is interesting though, since the characterizations (and even the gender of one of the characters) and tone of the show were heavily altered in Japan to better appeal to a somewhat younger audience.

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Well, there was never any suggestion of this in the US version of G1:

[​IMG]

And thankfully no Uncle SixShot...

Although if you mean translations and edits and stuff changing the context of things in the same episodes then I dunno.