Storyboard deaths

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokescreen1980, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

OK, so I'm clicking around on Wikipedia and I find that Mirage was down on the storyboards to be killed in TF:TM in a scene where he ambushed Bombshell but then got shot by Megatron. This was then cancelled because they wanted to make him a higher priority character in Season 3 (although this then didn't happen anyway).

This was the first I knew that Mirage was down to die - although I knew about Shockwave's storyboarded death, and Track's (man, I'd love to have seen that), and Smokescreen's.

Is there any place that the storyboard for the movie can be seen on the internet? Any scans of it anywhere - in particular these deaths?

Cheers!

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    no way, tracks was slated to die? i never knew that....i like the storyboards though...hopefully the new dvd has these on them...but i dont recall hearing about it, so they probably dont...

is there a place that mentions tracks death, or a storyboard? i looked but didnt see one....

4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

The unnamed autobot with Windcharger looks like it could be smokescreen... Red Alert and Trailbreaker got asploded... but I see no mention of Tracks getting killed. Mirage... well, that's open to interpretation if you go strictly from the storyboards.

Pity those Autobot Car guys weren't used... well... at ALL in Season 3.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I concur. I've never seen nor read of Tracks being killed in any media I've seen.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I looked through all those storyboards and didn't see anything about Tracks dieing.

Mirage looks to have been killed by Megatron.

Smokescreen was supposed to be the one dead on the floor with Windcharger instead of Wheeljack.

Red Alert gets shot in the back by one of the Constructicons.

And Trailbreaker is seen to be dead in one of the last panels while the Decepticons are escaping, but no mention of how he actually dies.

Didn't see Tracks killed anywhere...

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Tracks is awesome and underappreciated.

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why Trailbreaker's had such bad luck! He was marked for death in the movie and has been living on borrowed time ever since! :) 

9. Smokescreen1980

My mistake - I must have been confusing him with Red Alert. I'd swear I've seen about it somewhere... I'll have to try and remember. Until I do, I guess I'm wrong. Sorry about that.

10. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Honestly, I had no idea Trailbreaker was supposed to get bumped off in the movie. Oh well, at least it didn't happen when it came time for the silver screen because that would have really pissed me off as a little kid.

11. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Man, I so wish that all the storyboard footage actually ended up in the finished movie. I almost forgot how many season 1 & 2 Autobots *didn't* appear in the film until looking over those images again.

I'd kill to see someone re-tell the movie via a comic (and no, I don't mean like the new movie adaptation that IDW is putting out), as well as fill the gaps between the end of season 2 to the movie. It would be cool knowing how & why all those new Autobots (UM, Kup, Hot Rod, Blurr, etc) showed up, where Autobot City came from, how the Decepticons conquered Cybertron, where Sparkplug went, the events happening around Daniel's birth, etc. There's A LOT of unaccounted space to fill up.

12. Smokescreen1980

Cheers to Nevermore for posting the link so quickly, BTW. The Red Alert death scene is ace - really should have been in - but I guess they didn't want to make Ultra Magnus look so cowardly so early on...

I hope that site updates with some more of the juicy stuff soon (I really want to see Shockwave go down.)

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    BTW, I had always thought Tracks elected to stay on Earth with Hound and the other Earth-loving Autobots, that didn't want to follow Rodimus Prime. ;-) After all, it would have been a total waste if Autobot City hadn't been rebuilt. Repairs had started in the Movie. Grapple (and Hoist) had survived and the rebuild would have been the project of their dreams. Maybe even some of the fallen Autobots got rebuilt, and just. . . retired. We never did see all that happened on Earth in Season 3. Also it was lame that the Junkions were never invited to Earth to try and repair the fallen Autobots...but maybe they had been. :D 

14. Smokescreen1980

That's certainly what I figured Blaster and Snarl were doing (what with Snarl cropping up a couple of times in that scene where Blaster picks up the distress call). I even came up with an explanation for it, about Snarl not being able to stay away from Earth for prolonged periods because of his needed to be near the Sun. Of course, that was before I saw him happily on Cybertron in Season 3. Ho hum.

15. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    you want a retelling but not from IDW? is that right? i think they are gonna add stuff into it to fill in the gaps...you may wanna check it out...

and i woulda loved to have seen those scenes happen as well...maybe we'll get a super special edition where someone reanimates and revoices all that stuff, or at least a few key death scenes....that'd be nice