Storms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thecollector, May 11, 2011.

1. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

Well its thunder storming here so I thought I'd post a thread about storms. So whats you best or worst storm experience? My best was the Illinois blizzard this year, 2 days off school and snow higher than I've seen before! :) 

2. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Well let's see...Week before last my area(and several other areas around the state) got pounded by the worst outbreak of tornadoes in state history. Hundreds died, many more lost everything they had. I got lucky. My family suffered only some downed trees and several days without power.

3. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

Wow, I'm glad you guys got out okay. I fortunately haven't experienced a tornado before.

4. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    In alabama horrible tornadoes happen about three weeks ago. Some people died and damaged was bad in some area's. We lost power and had two downed tree's. I had a few people I meet that lost everything or love ones.

5. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    It got super goddamn windy here (as usual), and it's knocked out power for a few hours and blew a good deal of the fence down.

6. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Houston is dry and hot, while the entire country around us is suffering from flooding. It's like we're in Utah or something.

7. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Last year from late May to early July my state got bombarded by thunderstorms not stop and only one tornado warning lucky for us it was the southwest of our county. And I think also the ice storms of 2006 one was before Christmas and another after Christmas, just before the new year so yet that was kinda bad, but lucky no one died just no power until February in 2007, but man that was once and a lifetime deal.

I can deal with severe T-storms, but tornadoes make me nervous the most, maybe because on the unpredictiblity, but now my room is in the basement that eases my paranoia, but I still worry. Thats just how I brain works.

8. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

I live in the middle of the most heavily damaged counties of Alabama. All the towns around me are pretty much destroyed. Luckily my town escaped a direct hit by the hundreds of tornadoes that formed on April 27th. The worst damage I had was broken trees and a cracked windshield. We were without power for three days and a lot of smaller towns here are STILL without power. There was a virtual ARMY of electricians and engineers stationed in the field behind our Farmers Market with 50-some utility trucks.

9. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Engineer

News Credits:
    When I was in Junior High, I saw two funnels moving in parallel to each other about 5 miles from my home town. Then, the leading funnel doubled back and the two spun into each other. The two funnels then move off in opposite directions, all while dropping a third funnel right between the two. It was awesome!

Growing up in Kansas, though, storm season is a way of life. Part of me (the part that almost went into meteorology) misses the nights of endless storm warnings. The first time I watched "Storm Chasers" on Discovery, my wife asked me if it made me miss home. The show then cut to a map showing their location, which was only two blocks from my mom's house, and I said, "Actually, yes it does!"

10. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My sister in Guntersville finally had their cable and telephone back on several days ago.

The worse storm I ever been through was Hurricane Ivan. Yeah I've been through other hurricanes, but Ivan was the worst.

11. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Way back in 2004, we got hit with severe rainstorms, and flooding. Our main road through our city, called the Whitemud, flooded in portions, after a tornado hit the area. Our mall, West Edmonton Mall, got it's roof collapsed in places. Here's a picture of the devastation: