Stormbringer #3 (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Lord Shockwave, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    sandstorm = page 8 [in front of broadside]

2. JoshBot

JoshBot Well-Known Member

Don's art seriously gets better and better with every issue. His new design for Optimus is even better than his War Within design.

Story is still muddled, but it's getting better. Much less convoluted than the first two issues. The lack of flashbacks helps.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Maybe they won't :ev:  :ev:  :ev: 

4. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I hope not. I'd keep Thunderwing as a threat for a couple years.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive a feeling he'll be put down.

hes too powerful not to be.

6. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I like how brutal the Wreckers are. They are the ruthless answer to the Decepticons. Optimus seems just let them do their job and thank them for it. He doesnt even go through that speech about collateral damage, Springer is just like "shoot anything that moves!" or "Lets ID em in body bags!". Its crazy. Springer is a brutal mothafucka and I love it. I guess Optimus calls them only for the rough and tough jobs and gettin it done by any means possible.

7. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I wonder why they wanted prime to sit it out? thats whats been bothering me since Ive read this issue. Maybe they think he'd get in the way? Or they dont want there leader to die?

8. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I assumed it was because they don't want him to die since he is an inspiration to all the Autobots and his death would probably lose them the war.

9. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I think they think that Prime's over compassion might impeed them from their job, killing every and anything in sight.

10. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    This was serioulsy probably the best looking and reading Transformers comic i've ever read. really dreading-to-the-point-of-just-not-getting-it the return to the "Simon & Su" part of the story. Much rather stay with "Furman and Figuero!"

once again, left feeling like more happened and mattered in one issue than all of Infiltration.
    ummm, not really, he was almost a red herring. Plenty of 'bots are getting screen time and starring roles in this, not just 'Furman's Faves'

11. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

I'm loving every page of the Stormbringer issues thus far and can't wait for the eventual conclusion, though i can't help but think that something is going to tie this back to the Earth plot somehow.

On one question, will IDW do a More Than Meets the Eye style of profile books like Dreamwave? I remember rumors for a Beast Wars equivalent and am curious if they're willing to do it for their current continuity (along with the others out there).

12. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Just picked this up (yeah... I'm slow)... It was a great read. I'm enjoying this series more than I did Infiltration. Prime is looking awesome! I am worried about a let-down being there is only one more issue (that is right... correct?). The artwork is top notch as always!

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Ryall mentioned it was possible thered be some IDW continuity MTMTE books in the future

though im sure theyd rather work on establishing continuity through comics instead of profiles for now

14. artiepants

News Credits:
    and for the most part, are the characters really all that different? save specificly reimagined ones like Thunderwing...

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    If profile books come to fruition, I'd love to see something where Dogfight has met Prime at least ten times, but Prime never recalls meeting him. Dogfight is frustrated nearly to the point of homicide, and his whole character gravitates around achieving enough glory for his commander to finally remember who he is.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    never know

did we really need Dreamwaves MTMTE when we already had tech specs?

17. artiepants

News Credits:
    true that
    yes :)  it hadn't been done in 20 years, but didn't IDW just reprint (or is going to soon?) DWs MtMtE? :p 

i mean, i love profile books as much as anyone, i just think it might be too soon to dip into that well again...

18. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    well, IDWs only reprinting the MTMTE books because theres still a market for them

as far as IDW's OWN profile stuff, Ryall hinted that it wouldnt be anytime too soon. like i said, i think theyd rather establish continuity/characters in the stories themselves, not in the profiles [like DW did]

19. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

In I think issue 3 someone is looking at a display, and it has dots that I presume represent TFs and thier names are written in Katakana, which is the Japanese writing system used for foreign and made-up words.

20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    well

youll have to talk to Don then

cuz he hand drew those in