Storm Shadow Cosplay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TENIME_art, May 17, 2008.

1. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I debuted this costume yesterday (Friday) at Anime Central, in Rosemont, Illinois.

The facists in security let me walk around all day (9:30am-9:15pm) with that sword, proper safety precautions taken, to ensure it couldn't come out of the sheath, and waited until the very end of the night (9:15pm) to tell me that it wasn't safe, because it was, and I quote: "too heavy." They weren't worried about the blade, they were worried I might bludgeon someone with it. :banghead: 

At least I got some good pics first.

Let me tell you, though - tabi boots are f***ing uncomfortable. There's your foot, the thin, rubber sole of the boot, and the surface you're walking on. That's it. I'm trying some makeshift padding tomorrow...god, I can't feel my feet... :cry 

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    The Asian culture in me says the hood needs another layer. Like a big hood that's not as tight on top of the one you have now. But other than that, for the ARAH reference it's solid! :rock 

3. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    That's cool, but really weird that the security would do that, most likely different people than in the morning just got put out that your gear is cooler than theirs.

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You forgot to take a pic doing a split.

5. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I have a generic black ninja suit that i've been wanting to make into a Snake Eyes suit, but i've just never got around to it. That does look pretty sweet though, and luckily you're a version without ridiculous neon colors :lol 

6. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Ron: The balaclava I got looks like the one on the 25th Anniv. figure (which was my basis)... :sly:  One day, I'd like to do the Joe Stormy (with the hood & the gray camo), but I'd probably have to save that for a Joe Con. Enough people keep calling me "Cobra" as it is, I wouldn't want to confuse them further... :rolleyes2 

Otis: You're now the second person to say that they were just jealous of the coolness of my sword. :lol 

Cat: Yeah, right. I'm lucky I didn't look too fat in it. Gimme a year. Maybe two. ;) 

Atom: Thanks. Dude, you should do it! My best friend is joining me at Wizard World Chicago in June as V1 Snake Eyes (because we can't figure out how the h3!! to do the visor, and he'd rather be a commando than a ninja anyways)...