Storm/Clone trooper costumes, where?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by CdnShockwave, Aug 15, 2006.

1. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Alright, I'm spilling the beans here, I really want a Star Wars Storm/Clone trooper costume. But if I'm going to put any amount of money towards it, I want to get something decent. Looking for something that looks good, has plastic armour pieces, and generally looks like the real thing. It doesn't have to be uber-official-collector's-edition kind of stuff, but I'd like something that that's relatively good quality (has full leg, arm, and chest armour pieces and such, decent helmet, and so on).

So, just curious to know if anyone knows where or how I might go about looking into this. I've tried typing "clone trooper costume" into google but I get really cheap, cloth costumes. Anyone?

2. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    remember at that 'Con we went to they had that booth about custom fan made armor and guns, you should try and track that down, they seemed pretty sweet

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    A friend of mine is well into his Star Wars, he has a totally authentic Boba Fett Costume he wears to conventions, as well as authentic Stormtrooper, Dark Trooper and (I think) and TIE pilot suit as well.

The thing is, years ago a guy cast molds from one of the original trilogy suits, and started to make repro Stromtrooper suits, until George Lucas basically had a hissy fit that 'proper' suits were going out to the market (apparently he only likes inferior versions in the free market... kinda like Star Wars 'Special Editions')

So after a lot of court wrangling the molds are in Lucasfilm possession, and the remaining suits were all destroyed. So right now, you can't actually buy or find an authentic 100% accurate Stormtrooper suit anywhere for sale, thanks to Lucasfilm. Sucks huh?

Edit

So something like the one one the left is nigh on impossible to get hold of.

[​IMG]]

Having said that your best bet would probably be to go through Star Wars sites, maybe theforce.net or Rebelscum (if they even have forums) or something.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why is it a hissy fit to get mad that somebody makes a bootleg of something you created. Dont get me wrong I think George Lucas has alot of issues but just because he decides not to put out replicas of stuff from his movie doesnt mean somebody else gets to

5. CdnShockwave

Hmm... that's a bummer tik. Although, I hear custom made sets go up on e-bay from time to time, so I'll check that out. Also, thanks for theforce.net I hadn't heard about that one. Was going to check out reblescum but I forgot. Hehe, woops. Thanks for the info.

You're a mod? When in the name of Great Horatio's corncob pipe did that happen?!?!

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hell yeah Cdn , I always wanted one of those real bad. If you find some lemme know and we'll go smack some bagel headed ho's around in them

Wonder if anyone's ever picked up hookers in those? :lol 

"She took your money, BLAST her! "
    *ptcheeer ptcheeeer*

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

He's got a Dark Trooper costume? That must be huge, assuming its the proper Dark Forces style ones rather then the lame knock-offs they keep putting in the newer games.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    gotta go with tik here. go to theforce.net and rebelscum.com (yes, they do have a forum) to get your hook up.

even over here weve got a bunch of costumers. i would really like to own a stormtrooper suit myself, but everytime i have the urge, i just look up the pics of these guys getting together, cringe, then the feeling passes.

i dont mind being a nerd, but parading my nerdness?

itd be cool for haloween and stuff like that tho.

9. Carl

Carl Length and/or Girth

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

yeah , but you can do this!

[​IMG]

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Uh, I think he's got a black Stormtrooper suit, its pretty much a black version of a normal Stormtrooper suit. I dunno what the exact name is, but I thought it was Dark Trooper. Or maybe Shadow Trooper. Or twilight trooper. Or Midnight trooper.

And I consider it a hissy fit the Lucas denied this guy because part of all the court wranglings involved the fella asking for a license, which was denied. So it seems to be alright to have non accurate suits out, but no accurate suits.

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

That'll be Blackhole Stormtrooper, from the old newspaper strips.

Dark Troopers are the big robot mofos from Dark Forces and Shadow Troopers are the armoured force using guys from Jedi Knight 2.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Believe me, you don't WANT a Stormtrooper costume. I got to wear one of the costumes made for the Special Edition of the Holy Trilogy, and all I can say is this.
    They chafe.
    [​IMG]
    (I thought I should post it before Vector Sigma does; he used to be notorious for it)

14. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

You just lost any Menace you ever had....

15. CdnShockwave

These aren't the ho's we're looking for.

16. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    lol I've been a mod for awhile now, I deal with the movie forum stuff...or at least try to...

:p 

good luck man

17. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay: