Storing your Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by PikaManiac, Jul 31, 2009.

1. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Okay, due to lack of room space and the fact that I am not a MISB person, I've decided to open up all of my carded figures, seal them into Ziploc bags and then carefully place them into large storage containers.

As you all know most of the Henkei figures come with chrome weapons, I don't want them to get scratched in the process, seems like a waste but I am thinking of putting each weapon into individual Ziploc bags, or should I just place them all into 1 large Ziploc bag?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Package the weapons with the toy, in vehicle mode, with the weapon stored on the vehicle.

3. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Oh ya! How could I have missed that!

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Or possibly wrap them in tissue or something before you put them in a bag?
    You'd go broke individually bagging weapons.
    a single roll of toliet paper or box of Kleenex is cheaper.

just an idea.

5. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

You can still store the weapons with individual bags. They don't have to be Ziploc; instead, you can use sandwich type bags with which you can roll up and fold over. They will hold the weapons fine and they are inexpensive for a box full of them.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I did the same thing with mine until I unpacked all of them and became a fan!

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    sealing them in bags is a mistake.

plastic degrades faster if sealed up, if any moisture at all manages to get in that bag. rubbery plastic turns sticky, for example. paint apps will also start to get nasty, depending on the type of paint.

if you have to put them in bags, poke holes in them so the toy can "breathe".

I've seen sealed plastic bags wreck a few mavel legends toys that a friend has. its really random. some have damage, most are flawless. I still think its not worth the risk.