stores that sell TF

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by halogunna629, Apr 16, 2012.

1. halogunna629

halogunna629 Active Member

Hey guys.
    I live in Greenwich Village in Manhattan and was wondering if anywhere nearby sell third party transformers in a store. i know that i can buy them online but i go to NYU and have to move out in less than a month so i wanted to see if i could pick anything up in a store before i leave. also ite really expensive to pay shipping to on top of already inflated prices on eBay for instance.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

Online is your only option.The only place you would find 3rd party at retail would be a comic shop.

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Maybe check or ask in the sightings thread.

4. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    Nah. I have on the rare occasion run across third party items at ToyTokyo (which is in Manhattan), but the prices and selection are not in any way comparable to robotkingdom or bbts or capturedprey. I have heard of people running across straight up KOs (like the KO MP-1.. not Faith Leader but the full-size KO that KOToys used to carry) in Chinatown, but not in many years. There's always a chance you could get lucky in one of those bazaar shops with a bunch of kiosks in them.. but it's hit and miss- mostly miss.

Honestly the only reason to buy a transformer in person is if it's clearanced or you have a coupon. Online is almost always better, doubly so in New York (which, as you know, has no wal-mart and higher prices across the board on darn near everything).

5. halogunna629

halogunna629 Active Member

The main reason I want to buy in a store is that I don't have a credit card. I mean I have a joint account with my parents and it's much easier to spend cash then have them ask why I'm charging so much. And before anyone says something, there's a law that you have to be 21 to get a cc so don't even bother tellin me to get one

6. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    There are many things that count as credit cards- for instance prepaid credit cards (which you can easily purchase for cash) and debit cards (which require only a bank account). Both are accepted by every single online retailer. Some probably take paypal as well.

Like I said, you can try toytokyo. It's the only place in NYC I've ever seen a third party figure, just be prepared to get ripped off.