Stores that buy Transformers figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Sep 14, 2016.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anybody know which retailers/stores other than TFSource buy Transformers figures (Hasbro/Takara & 3rd Party)?

My hope was to sell 3 MISB figures (1 3rd Party, 1 Hasbro Voyager, 1 Hasbro Deluxe) to TFSource for their original retail value and this was their response:

For collections we do not offer what the figures are currently selling for, we do price them below their going rate. If we were to purchase items at their current rate we would have to price the figures above their cost in order to make a profit off of the figures and as a result they would not sell.

2. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah, no store will buy your toy at current value. Almost all of them will offer maybe half to two thirds of what it will sell for.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    That's how business works. Nobody wants to buy from you if they can't turn a profit.

If you really need to, turn to eBay.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    Welcome to the world of money making... I promise you that you'll never be able to sell a retailer a figure for retail price. It's unreasonable to even attempt it really... they exist to make a profit so buying for less than its worth is what they must do

• Like Like x 1
  5. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    So I guess my one and only option is to sell them on eBay at retail value and face whatever bullcrap fees they throw at me! :mad: 

6. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    what figures are they

7. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    You can also try selling them here as well for less or no (if you're willing to risk Paypal gift) fees

8. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    1) Hunt for the Decepticons Deluxe Class Jetblade
    2) Age of Extinction Voyager class Grimlock
    3) Unique Toys Y-01 Fuel Supply Provider (3rd Party Octane)

9. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    you probably wont get that much for them. aside octane. there just isn't the demand for them. you can do what I did. I took a bunch of transformers that need to appreciate and I put them in a box that says "don't open til 2019. you may get more for them that way

• Like Like x 1
  10. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    Except that, despite the ridiculous BS marketing hype, these toys don't necessarily appreciate at all. For example, Classics Optimus should be worth a fortune... except that MP Optimus destroyed it's value - you're lucky to sell it at $35 now, with original MSRP of $25. :banghead: 

Then there's the "Everything new is superior" effect, where old movie toys won't necessarily go for as high as you hope, simply because they're old. Think about it: if Hasbro/Paramount hires a new director and he changes the look? Well, the Bay-formers may suddenly be out of style.

In addition, let's not just assume the G1 generation is repeating (as so many collectors do). It's highly likely that the G1 boom happened in a special pocket of history, devoid of iPads and mobile games that now dominate kids' attentions. Meaning, despite the profitable nostalgia of G1, there is no reason to assume Bay-verse toys will elicit that same nostalgia, given the fact that lots of kids bought and forgot (TF sales drop after movie releases, every time).

MY ADVICE: dump your toys ASAP. Don't wait too long, or some unforeseen event can decimate value. And, for example, what happens when the G1 generation dies off? Do TFs continue being popular without their financial support? (I think the market will eventually implode on these toys, and we'll end up with inflated prices on items that never move).

11. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

These are toys, not investments.

• Like Like x 4
  12. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Preeetty sure those wouldn't even get rrp on the second hand market...

13. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I can't remember what retail was on these two, Jetblade I think was $10 (ish) and Grimlock was $20.
    On eBay you would be lucky to get between $10 and $15 for Jetblade and Grimlock, there are a bunch of sealed ones for $17 - $25 (some with free shipping).

• Like Like x 1