Stores holding generations?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by transmasterc, May 8, 2011.

1. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

I am wondering if stores (walmart,target,tru)are holding the generations stuff as well as the DOTM stuff.I have kup and scourge a few times.I have yet to see wheeljack in the wild.

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Possibly. Although it's still fairly likely the amount they're holding is small compared to the inbound deluge of DOTM stock.

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunately it seems unlikely since stores are only wanting the movie toys because 'the sell so much better' even though from what I've seen the classics style figures sold better than ROTF.

4. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    well i did notice that my walmarts & target generation wasnt on clearance on HFTD/RTS/PCC

5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Less overstocked probably. In terms of actual cash profit made, i'm not convinced.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Target has one box of Generations in the stockroom, but it's just more of the Skullgrin/Thunderwing/WFC Cliffjumper wave that's currently out there pegwarming. Believe me, if we had the Warpath wave or even the Kup/Scourge wave, I'd put them out because I know they'd sell. But there's little sense in filling those temporarily empty, reserved-for-DOTM-toys pegs with stuff that already isn't selling.

7. transmasterc

The reason I ask is should I just say screw it warpath.I hate buying a case of figures only to be stuck with ones I don't want.I hate the fact that the transformers everyone has to have comes at the ever end of the that run.I only want warpath.obviously,that's way too much to ask.

8. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

I think so too. I've been to a walmart, that usually has it all, and all is left, are a few chugs, such as dirge, bumblebee, forgot the name, but the hovecraft. Leader starscream. they have like only 5 of each that is all it has been for a month now.

So yes I think they're holding stuff back

9. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    While entirely possible, the WJ/TC/WP wave just started to hit on the West Coast. Give it a little time.

10. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

If Thrust came in the last wave and Warpath came in the first, are you honestly telling me that fan reaction would be any different?

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The way distribution has gone insane I honestly don't think the retailers even know what they have in their distribution centers anymore. I found some wave one Marvel Universe stuff put out at the local Wal-Mart two weeks ago even though Marvel Universe is now on wave 10 or 11. Or a trip to Toys R Us a few months back resulted in seeing a bunch of early Revenge of the Fallen figures that hadn't been seen in a long time.

12. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

"Where the hecks iz my coneheads? All I ever finds is some many Shelfwarmings WARpaths and Wheeljerks! WTF Hasbro!?"

I think it would be something like that.

Joking aside, I actually would like to believe they are holding back. If not holding stock, then maybe just holding their case orders. For all we know, there's a ton of the WJ/TC/WP case sitting in warehouses owned by Wal-Mart, Target, and/or TRU. And if not that, we know there’s got to be quite a large number of cases sitting in Hasbro’s warehouses with nowhere to go.

13. transmasterc

I was looking on Entertainemtn earth and they have the Warpath wave slated for June.

14. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Locally, Walmart has put all of the HFTD and PCC stuff on clearance, but is keeping Generations as a full-priced line ($11.88). My thought is that they are thinking of maintaining the Generations line side-by-side with DOTM as was originally indicated way back when.

15. transmasterc

Yeah,there has been so much confusion of this.We didn't get a straight Amswer from Hasbro at Toyfair regarding Generations.I understand them Canning the HFTD and RTS but the thing about Windcharger stinks as well.

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It might have been even worse, with the whole Classics seekers demand debacle 'n' all.

Now if the last wave was Skullgrin and (I know it's RTS) Fallback, then things might be a bit different.

17. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    My Wal Mart carries both Generations & DOTM, they had Warpath, Wheeljack and Thundercracker. Also first wave of DOTM deluxe and voyagers