storage?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by will winkie, Aug 25, 2012.

1. will winkie

will winkie New Member

Greetings i am new to this forum and was wondering what is the best way to store your bots? For as long as i can remember mine have just been chucked in a plastic tub, but now i am beginning to worry about their condition. any thoughts or advice will help.

2. vinny342001

vinny342001 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know when I used to have the bulk of my collection I did the same thing, everything was just stored in totes or boxes. The problem I ran into with this was sometimes when I would move them, bots would rub against one another damaging paint. That, and any figures that had soft plastic parts like the first movie prime soft smoke stacks they would end up getting bent. Now I try to either keep some of the bubbles from the packaging to protect them or put them in smaller boxes with bubble wrap so they cant be crushed or move around.
    Just my two cents.

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Besides wrapping them (figures or MIB/MISB boxes) in bubblewrap (loosely, so they can "breath"), put some silica gel packets inside the plastic tubs/bins to prevent any mildew/molds/humidity.

Never, ever use the styrofoam-like wrapping, it sticks to figures and damages them.

4. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My G2 tranformers were kept in a bin the basement for yearssssss....around 15 to be exact and when i rediscovered them, they look brand new. I sold some of the beast wars stuff I didn't care about and it all was mint. Hope that helps, you don't need to vacuum seal or anything...

5. will winkie

will winkie New Member

thanx for all of the information guys, i'll see what i can do!

6. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I keep my figures in cardboard storage bins. I transform the figures into alt mode, arrange them with a lot of space between the figures, and layer it with soft (old) t-shirts. Haven't had any problems with this method for years. Hell, I've moved twice using this method and all my figures have made it through in perfect condition.

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    In addition to what anyone else has said, I recommend making sure they are temperate controlled or at least not burning in the sun.