Storage

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TransRavak25, May 3, 2012.

1. TransRavak25

TransRavak25 Maximal

Just wondering if there is any other way of storing your tf's as i'm running out of shelf space fast and im not to keen on putting things in boxes as most of the time they come out with either limbs missing or with their paint apps messed up.
    Any suggestions on what I should do with my collection and also what you do with yours :) 

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    If you can drill holes into your walls, then you can always make shelves, and your problems will go away, at least for the time being. You can go simple, or you can be creative with shit hanging off chains & flying TFs being hung from string. Other than that or by adding a display case, you'll just have to maximize surface area. Risers can be good for this, and if you do it tastefully, you don't need to become a hoarder.

Since I'm not anywhere permanent & can't really drill holes where I'd normally like, I'm in a similar position, and since most of surface area is spent... I might need to start rotating shit around. I don't really feel good about that, so I might build shit to go on the back of my computer desk because I wouldn't need to drill into walls that way, and the desk itself is already like twice as deep as it needs to be as is.

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hear that some people like to display their flying TFs from the ceiling using fishing wire. I haven't tried it myself.

4. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give them to me? ;)  JK

5. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I keep most of mine in plastic storage bins under the bed right now, due to lack of display space. Just transform them into vehicle mode and pack them in well (side-by-side, bumper-to-bumper for the cars, and setting all the rest on top) to avoid any paint damage or loose parts falling off. Accessories are kept in a separate ziplock bag.

One day, though... ONE DAY I will no longer need those bins :lol 

6. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

This seems like a good bet.

You could also get cheap bookcases from Ikea. If you have the space for that though.

Wall shelves are a good options. And I think you can find them fairly cheap if you can't build them yourself.

I've been wanting to do the fishing string thing with my KO seekers but I keep forgetting to buy some damn fishing string lol.

Some people have the top of each wall in their room lined with shelves for, my cousins have this for their sports crap. So that could be a good idea as well.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    50+ and out of room? ouch, you need a display case or something, look around on craig's list or something for one, they can be had cheap

8. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I need to get some shelf's put up on my walls... ugh... I am running out of space...

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    What I don't have displayed is all boxed up, in acid-free ziplock bags with tiny holes punched into them with a safety pin. Lets the toy breathe, and lets moisture escape.

I wish I had display room for everything, but then there's the nightmare of keeping it all clean.

I'm happy with the hundred or so toys I have displayed right now. A ton of classics, 5 masterpiece toys, and the 9 prime figures I have so far.

10. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I put mine in a bin, I wrap them in tissue paper after putting them in vehicle mode (unless there is a spring loaded gimmick).

11. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I build shelves to put in filing boxes, and I wrap my figures in sandwich bags to offset scraping. It's a discrete, relatively high-density storage system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. TransRavak25

TransRavak25 Maximal

3 things considering 50+ is anything from 50 to infinity then...well you get the idea ;) 
    2 despite my info on here i recently found a website were they going cheap i just bought every thing i wanted which came to a total of around £200 and I just havent updated it (kind of short sighted as i dont really have any room for them now but I got stuff i would have gotten later on)
    1 I my room isnt exactly perfect for display...its like living Harry Potters bedroom under the stairs now :eek: