Storage Wars

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Doug, May 20, 2011.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have been watching this show on A&E every Wednesday night only if its new episodes. It is interesting what they find in the storage units.

I like the feuds between Darrell Sheets and Dave Hester.

2. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Do I like to watch Storage Wars..........YYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad this season is over already.

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dave Hester's YYYUUUPPP can be annoying. I remember one episode where Darrell Sheets won a bid on one storage unit and he found a coin collection worth $30,000.

Another episode I remember when Jarrod and Brandi won a bid on a storage unit and it contain a statue of a horse's head. Jarrod was going to throw it away until a antique dealer offered him $2,000 for it.

4. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

My favorite episode would probably have to be the one where Jarrod and Brandi got the unit that had all the vintage action figures.

5. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    That episode would probably be the one I always look for, as I hear all these stories of people buying lockers with a bunch of old school Star Wars toys. My problem with J & B was that they were really layin into the insults to the guy who was giving them the value of the toys. I mean, really, you couldn't of put any more of the stereotypes out there you two? Way to make fun of the people, that in all likelyhood, got you that little fortune you have there, because it sure as hell was some collectors locker.

The one episode that really shocked me was the one where Barry won a locker full of old flare guns. When he pulled out the chrome one with the long stock on it, I damn near shit myself. That flare gun is the 1912 submarine flare gun that they used for the Boba Fett rifle in the movie. I was so jealous and pissed. Why couldn't I have that luck, I want that flare gun soooooo damn bad, and the thing looked like it did back in the old days. He paid $250 for that locker, that flare gun alone runs over $1500 anywhere you look for it, in shitty condition too.

6. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Yeah,there was no need to be throwing out the whole nerd sterotype so much,but that's Brandi for you.She's such a bitch.

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Jarrod was too though, he was making comment about Comic-con and was asking if he had to wear a costume and whatnot. I can handle people who poke fun, but it was just uncalled for, when these items were about to make them $12,000+

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they ever have an episode where somebody kept their Transformers collection in one of those units and then either Darrell, Dave, Barry or Jarrod wins the unit, it will be another popular subject here just like Pawn Stars.

9. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    /\ Followed by 67 of the same thread being posted hahaha!

10. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know a guy that knows him personally and he's nothing like how he is on the show.

The show is great. I always catch re runs unfortunately. I went to an auction once but didn't have the balls to place a bid.

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen an episode where he nearly had a altercation with Darrell Sheets and his son.

12. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    There is too many reruns, when there are new episodes, there may be 2...

13. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

I figure most of the people on the show are probably not really like they are on the show.. It's like Professional Wrestling but with storage lockers.. and David Hester is the Heel.

But when they repeatedly amp up some big reveal but cut away from showing you whats in the box and make you wait through commercials.. It kinda makes me want to start screaming "WHATS IN THE BOX!" like Brad Pitt in Se7en.. but then I come to my senses and realize its just a TV show.

14. starscream-99

News Credits:
    ^ exactly!!!

15. starscream-99

News Credits:
    New season starts today! Yay!

16. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watch it, but I like Auction Hunters on Spike better.

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I always thought these were the same show, haha.

18. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    See, I watch both on occasion. Auction hunters focus' on the one set of guys, which I guess is what helps that show. While Storage Wars focus' on the group of them. In all, they are both decent.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    just started watching this show today. I got a big laugh at one of the guys. In the episode with the action figures, one guy buys a mirror for $3. He says he can sell it and get a $30 bill. I did a double take and rewound the DVR. Yup he says he can get a "Thirty Dollar Bill". :lol  good luck with that...

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    We watch this show when there's nothing good on. Barry's the only one of them I can stand. Jarrod and Brandi are annoying assholes, Dave is a shithead, and Darrel is... well, just unlikable. But I like Barry because he's just in it to find cool stuff, and it's hilarious how many friends he makes along the way.

I like Auction Hunters better, because Ton is a riot. I recall one ep they squeezed him into a miniboat. Another he rode a minibike. :lol