Stop Complaining

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Burnout53, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burnout53

Burnout53 YouTube.com/TFBurnout

Every once in a while, I hear that someone hates the Bay movies because the transformers look like skeletons with car parts. I want to shout at them STOP COMPLAINING!!!! Did anyone say that it would be exactly like G1? NO!! Did anyone say that the characters would be cartoon acurate? NO!! Hasbro payed Michale Bay to show the Transformers in a new light. He's allowed to have some creative licence. A new take on the franchise every once in a while is good.

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Agreed. If it wasn't for the movies, we'd not only have less of a franchise in terms of not having the movie era, but we'd also have less of everything else in terms of Transformers not having been brought back to light.

Plus, I think we complain about way too much as it is, and sadly speaking, its true about everything, not just our fandoms.

3. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey look its one of them threads sup bra!

4. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

This, so much. Personally, the Movie designs are the best ever. Everything a transforming robot should be. Intricate, complex, and still coming out looking powerful. It makes everything before it look like jack shit, and inspired designs that pale in comparison but are good. (Prime, and to some degree WFC/FOC.)

Some people just want a live-action adaptation of G1, word for word, move for move, design for design...argh.

5. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

Here's my clomplaint: stop complaining about complainers.
    I, like many others, love the movie designs. I also love the G1 designs. I don't mix the two. But everyone is entitled to their own view. To some (many) ppl, it's not that the movie designs aren't G1 enough. It's just that they are very intricate, and sometimes it's difficult to tell the robots appart, or even at waht you're looking at.
    I guess it comes down to this: We cannot all like the same colour, otherwise, nobody would like yellow...

6. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I have no problem with the looks but I would like to change some paint schemes.
    The visuals are what makes this franchise special.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Change is a fickle beast so change might good or change might be bad. It's rather silly to expect everyone to love all change just for the sake of change.

Some people just don't like the changes because they don't feel like the changes are any sort of an improvement. Take Battlestar Galactica for example huge changes like Starbuck went from being a man to being a woman. But people ate that show up because it was such a vast improvement over the original with characters like Baltar. Then take a show like V. The effects might have advanced since the original show but there weren't the good changes people needed to latch on to the show.

Some people love the movie designs and some people just down right hate the movie designs. It's rather unjust to say that it's fine for someone to love the designs for whatever reason but that other people are not allowed to find the designs unappealing for any reason.

People would complain a lot less if the production team gave them less to complain about. Iron Man not his original comic book suit, the Hulk was CGI instead of being played by Lou Ferrigno, Hawkeye wasn't even close to his cartoon costumes, Loki wasn't wearing Robin Hood tights, and yet people went crazy for Avengers even with the changes for live action feature film. If you treat all your fans as important instead of just the new fans and if you over whelm them with good things then people will not bother to complain about the little things that keep your film from being perfect.

8. C16

C16 Space Nomad

There's plenty of ways of making the designs not like G1, without going the way they did. And there was more than "a little" creative license with the designs in the movies. And yes, a new take on a franchise is good, but that doesn't mean this one is automatically good because it's a new take.

But hey, way to bring up a dead discussion that's 6 years old.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Not this sh*t again...

10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    The people who complain about people complaining saying it's because the complainers just want it more G1 are 100% more annoying.
    Wanting a good Transformers film does not nessecarily mean it has to be G1. There are PLENTY of other route they could've taken. It just has to be good. Which many of us feel it wasn't.

11. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

Thats what the MB appreciation thread is for

12. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

This^^.

I'm more of a "glass half full" guy when it comes to the movies. It could've been better but happy with what we got and thankful because it could've been so much more worse (Pt Anderson and Uwe Bol could've directed the movies instead, or Mr Independance Day/Godzilla man himself, Emmerich, which just the thought of makes me want to say,"Peace" and send a wire guided missile to his house). :) 

13. Avengers

Avengers Banned

The Problem is Micheal bay isn't a toy artist or toy designer. he has no college degrees or experince in creating toys.

Hasbro's biggest problem is they give way to much creative freedom to everyone. Which always back fires in their faces. Examples, Hasbro gives IDW tons of creative freedom & now we've got bumblebee as the supreme leader of the comics for Two years & counting.
    The TF movies were so bad on so many levels,from bad robots designs,to cheesy dialogue,poor story,amatuer no talent starring actors. TFCC gets all this creative freedom & their the worst owners of the con/club thus far.

Hasbro needs to create their own toy designs,media visions,art sketches. then approach media outlets & tell them what to do by bossing them around. Not the other way around where hasbro gets bossed around.

Nobody is saying all they want is G-1 styled toys,In their argument why they dislike the movie verse CGI & toy designs. Fans loved Car robots,AEC,Animated,Classics, Generations. Prime,Animated,BW,G-2,MW. these all had different toy styles.

Fans want beautiful designed toys. that don't have ugly faces,mangled bodies & weird proportions. like most movie verse toys are. A TF toy line that doesn't have the dominant dull grey color on almost every other movie verse toy.

I hate the argument that the movie verse toys are the most realistic robots transformers ever created. Robots if they ever get created in the future,they will not have a billion moving parts that transform into a alt mode. having a billion moving transforming parts will result in the thing breaking apart in a billion pieces. repairing such a thing will not be a pleasnt task. People in the future will not create ugly robot heads to mock stero types like the twins,wreckers and others. I doubt robot heads in the future will be designed like Beastwars waspinators cartoon bug face.

If mankind ever builds robots that can transform into alt modes. the designs will be simple. a few moving parts here & there. no need to get all fancy & show off with billions of stuff moving,twisting & rotating. The more stuff that moves,the more stuff that breaks. having a billion moving parts will result in the robot never leaving the repair shop.

BTW,Mankind will never create robots that transform into alt modes. it makes no sense. it'll be one or the other but not both combined. Why spend the money to make the thing transform. when they could just have a robot humanoid thing fighting on the battle field next to drone tanks & drone jets.

Having cars transform into robots belongs in media fantasy land. cars are too fraigle to be on the battle field. Cars are too compact & small to conceal hidden robot parts. most of the cars weight is in the front under the hood. the battle field is for military equipment like tanks,jets,helicopters,battle ships and so forth.

Role playing belongs in role playing,not reality.

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    People have as much right to complain as the OP has to be a fan. If you don't like something, speak up, be heard. Be respectful - but don't sit there and hold it in, because your point may be just as valid as the next guy's.

And yes, peppers....this sh*t again.

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This.

And this.

This as well.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Every once in a while, I hear that someone hates another fan's opinion because they don't agree with it. I want to shout at them STOP COMPLAINING!!!! Did anyone say that it would be exactly like theirs? NO!! Did anyone say that they shouldn't have a right to criticize or voice their feelings? NO!! Hasbro payed people to build the Transformers in a bunch of different ways. Fans are allowed to like or dislike how that turns out. A different viewpoint on the franchise from everyone is good.

17. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Urgh another one of these...

And then people wonder why the movie-fans are looked down upon...

18. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Sometimes, I kinda wonder why people see fit to post continual threads of the same damn non-productive topic. There are larger threads one could add a complaint to, rather than pop up a whole new one just for this.

19. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Oh look, its another thread complaining about complaining, and people are complaining about complaining about complaining. Its a vicious cycle guys, we should break it.

All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again.

But I do agree, the movie designs are hands-down, some of the absolute best designs for Transformers EVER. Each one is so unique and extensively detailed that it is simply amazing.

The transformation sequences are awesome too.

20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I DONT LIKE YOUR OPINION THUS YOU ARE WRONG AND MUST STOP POSTING ALL OF YOU.

that's all I really got from the OP people can have their views and not liking the movie look is fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.