Stolen digital camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by honestgabe, Jan 29, 2007.

1. honestgabe

honestgabe I

This weekend Angie's digital camera was stolen and we more than likely know who the suspect is. Aaaanway the story goes like this. Its Saturday night and I'm up at my girlfriend's spending the night. We wake up at about 2 in the morning, and her roommate is drunk and is being helped by her friend and her friend's boyfriend. Ang goes out there to help and decided to bring her camera out because her roommate is drunk and puking in the toilet so pictures are a must. The friend's boyfriend is drunk and is acting up and being annoying.

Well they help the roommate to bed and Ang heads back to the bedroom. The roommate's friend and boyfriend are still in the apt and we say goodbye through the doors. After they leave Ang goes out to the living room to dead bolt the door. We wake up at 8 in the morning to head to her 9 year old sister's birthday party and low and behold the camera that was used that night was not where Ang had left it, on the kitchen table near the front door.

We call the roommate's friend up and she looks through her boyfriends belongings and finds nothing. Since we're running late for the birthday we leave. (a big disappointment too, as this is the first birthday her sister is having with out their mother being around since she passed away, ang wanted some photos for the family)

So we come back to town at 5, I call the kid personally and he denies it still. So we head to the police station and fill out a report. They take action and search the girlfriend's apartment and find nothing, but they didn't secure a warrant for his car. We all know he had to, as he has a criminal past, has been jailed three times already and is on probation. But for the simple fact that Ang placed it on the table and it was gone the next day with a dead bolted closed door leads one to believe that it had to have been stolen when they left and we were in the bedroom.

I'm trying to think of what can be done, but it seems like nothing at this point. It sucks though, as this is adding unneeded drama for Ang and theres a small backlash happening from the roommate's friend. I know where this kid lives, I might just have to have a talk with him face to face...even if he ways 100 pounds more than me, heh.

2. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon BACON DUKE

paragraphs, plz...

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not to be an ass but if you knew of the guys previous runins with the law why leave the camera in such a conspicus location?

Good luck getting the camera back. Never a good feeling having something stolen from your own home.

4. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

When it's 2 am and you were woken up by drunk people who need a little help, do you pay attention to every little detail?

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Ouch! Damn, man that sucks, while I understand the desire to confront him, I'm not sure that'd be wise. You never know what could happen legality-wise

You live in MA? "Drugachusetts"? wereabouts?

Yeah, really

6. honestgabe

honestgabe I

Pennsylvania

Druggachusettes is a reference to a Mr. Show skit. But yeah I don't think I should, his criminal past is due to assault, all three times, and he's big.

7. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A digital camera is a little more than a little detail (at least in my minds eye).

8. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

A lot of people don't think about where they put important stuff when they're awake in the middle of the day, let alone groggy at 2 am.

It's her house. She should be able to put her camera where she wants in the middle of the night. I don't fault her for being the reason it was stolen.

9. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:

I think your right. I wouldn't wanna get assaulted.

10. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :useless 

Oh...yeah...sorry 'bout that. Well, good luck, man. Maybe the roommate woke up, saw the pics, and took the camera herself.

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Chances are he's already sold it off. Usually theft like that from a prior criminal is to make a quick buck to feed another habit (does he smoke weed? Do meth?)

Sorry to hear it bro.

12. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

fuck em up