Stockade and Divebomb

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by BlitzFire, Mar 6, 2008.

1. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey there folks........this marks my first review.....so to mark this special event........we are going off with 2 reviews in one!

So yesterday my gf surprised me with 9 (nine) deluxe movie figures so I thought I might do a lil review on 2 of the 4 that I have open (the other two were jazz and overcast).

Lets start with Divebomb.

Well.....his alt mode is wicked awesome looking. Colour is yellow/orange with brownish camo. Comes with a spark key (or whatever its called). You plug it into his exhaust area and the gun pops open where you can shoot a missle. Not much more to say about the alt mode. Oh yeah, he has landing gear that you can fold out from underneath of him. I like thats realistic touch to it

Transformation: its pretty simple. Only got confused on the one step which consists of popping the missle laucher out and swiging it behind and under the jet. Not a bad transformation at all. Nothing hard to fold or move overall

Bot mode. Well i dont know what to say.....it sucks. He's got chicken legs. His back (which consists of the back half of the jet) just hangs there. It doesnt lock into place. His ginormous missle laucher is attached to his arm and cannot be removed.

I know ppl say that this mold has been overused.....but to some (ME!!!) its a first for me as the only transformers I have are movie line and 3" titaniums and a jp reissue star scream. So even though being a poopy robot, he still has a kick ass looknig alt mode and is a "rare" figure (rare as being only available at wal mart......). Nonetheless I was happy to have another TF for my collection :) 

Stockade!!:

Well, I've transformed about 20 transformers to date (i dont consider myself a pro) and this has been BY FAR the EASIEST one to transform. 7 simple steps. So alt mode.......by and by its a Cadillac Escalade. I love the escalade so as soon as I saw this figure on the forums I NEEDED to get it. It looks good. His robot parts dont hang below the rest of the vehicle so he can actually roll around on his wheels properly. To most that probably doesn't matter to me......well it doesn't really but its a fun lil thing. Like landmine, with his kick ass suspension and actual mobility.

Anyways back on topic. Transformation.....like mentioned damn easy. Nothing hard about it.

Bot mode.......he looks cool his arms extend out using the roof rack that are on his form arm...you push them down and the arms extend. He looks a lil funny so I keep his arm normal. He is kinda ape-ish proportioned. Overall: totally kick ass. Pick this guy up now. Although he sorta lacks a weapon lol

Sorry about the no pictures thing....but the pictures are available everywhere and I don't have a computer at home to upload pics and it would take too long to email the pics from my sell phone

2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Can you actually peg the arm with the launcher to the shoulder? The original mold had the same thing with the shoulder as movie deluxe Brawl.

3. BlitzFire

News Credits:
    i dont believe there is even a peg there. i didnt notice it lol..ill take a look tonight.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    You can sort of wedge it in the gap, it makes the friction hold the arm and back piece in place, just be careful when you move it.

5. newguy

newguy i

So the better one to get is stockade (in your opinion)?

6. BlitzFire

News Credits:
    by far and large stockade is the better one too get. I just made sure I had divebomb for collections sake (being exclusive and part of the movie lineup and all).

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Already posted about Stockade in the original thread, but here's my thoughts on Divebomb.

Contrary to most people, I've never had a huge problem with the Cybertron Thundercracker mold. Beleieve me it's far from my favorite and the loose cannon arm isn't fun, but the jet more is very cool and using that giant cannon as support there's some cool poses you can get out of it. Divebomb's retina-searing color scheme was so gaudy it made me want it for some reason lol. The robot mode looks pretty nice and unified, though I never thought I'd say bright yellow and turd brown would look good together. At any rate, I dig it plus I got it for $5, so that was a win situation alone.