Stock photos of Kiss-Play Atari and Autolooper

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Jun 22, 2006.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This whole concept is a joke. I know fans buy dozens of WSTs and spend lots of extra money to get a rare chase figure but this feels different.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the transformer looks like shit.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    "Silly gaijin! Transformer are no longer the main product in Transformer line! Transformer is now about beautiful underage female figures! Robot is now accessory! It is, how you say, The Eyes Have Met Before Introduction!!" - Takara Marketing Guru #4987

4. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Link please.

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    [Random Western wanabe-Asian]Japan will LOVE this! Takaratomy is doing this for the huge Japanese fan audience that collectively loves PVC figurines of underage girls dressed in fetish clothing![/Random Western wanabe-Asian]

6. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Nevermore, I know it sounds wrong but I love you.

7. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    You know very well that I'm kidding :p 

Does this mean Takara are wannabe-Japanophiles who don't actually know what people in Japan like?

That would explain MANY of their decisions and subsequent failures.

8. SydneyY

News Credits:
    I know you were, I was hinting it's getting old.

I agree with you that TakTom (they are TakaraTomy now, so why don't you go ahead and include Tomy in your bashing?) aren't listening to what many fans (Japan and abroad) are complaining about Kiss-play shit.
    Just don't add "Silly Gaijin" bit to work others up,eh?

9. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    What is getting old is Takara/Tomy's less than impressive handling of one of their major toylines, which is distressing considering they created the original toys.

I don't usually include Tomy because they are new to this TF business, and I would bash them when they do something silly in Zoids. Wasn't it said that even though the companies merged, they would still operate seperately on their own projects for the most part?

My comment was to point out the fact Takara's Marketing department, who caters for the japanese market, doesn't seem to know what their home market wants with Transformers, and would hypothetically chalk up outsider criticism as being foriegners who don't understand their market requirements, which in this case was apparently to ape other robot/girlie pairing lines.

I believe their problem is they try to turn Transformers (in story, originally a north american creation) into more traditional japanese series/lines with the Transformers trappings around it, when its probably the fact that TF was different to other [home-grown] series made it popular in the first place.

10. freezowave

freezowave Well-Known Member

Next on TakTom's table is a line where these little monster things build and train robots that transform to battle with each other.

It would be awesome. Just imagine Pokemon, Gundam, and Transformers as one big package... Sweet.

You could buy all these little animals and get a KO-like robot you pretend is his.

11. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Thank you. I suppose that's a "comment". I am still not sure about Takara (as you say) chalks up the criticism part, I would love to read it myself.
    And this time if they are actually chalking it up in the manners you suggest, I really wonder how they live without looking at various message boards in Japan. There were quite strong opinions against Kiss-Play even in official TakTom TF message board.
    It's more like they know fans will buy it anyway because they aren't given any other choice.

12. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    From what Ichikawa has said in the past, I think their marketing department has been responsible for most of Takara's TF woes in recent years. And I don't think they really care what fans think - like you said, they've got your money already.

13. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That... sounds kinda cool, actually. :thumb 

Meanwhile, this certainly seems odd, but maybe Jp fans will eat it up. I hope they do, for Takara's sake.

And you can't have Nevermore, Syd. I saw him first! :p 

14. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Ooh hold on... nearly... almost.... just about...

...no, sorry, it's gone. I almost saw the point in this, for a split-second. :(  I still don't get it!

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

bUtt U cAn SEEs hewr UndeR Wers

16. SydneyY

News Credits:
    :lol 
    After all you had that awesome beacon.

I hope Japanese fans won't eat it up, for the sake of Transformers, though, who am I to deny them a toy they want. If I was a WST collector I'd still buy the set.

17. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Silly Takara, they should make what we want. Don't they know that the we're the only ones that matter????? Surely our internet opinion is worth it's weight in Yen??????

*sigh* Takara doomed to failure again. If only they listened to us, we know how to do everything right.

18. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

if they listened to us... everything would always stay the same, and we would never have veriations in anything, every prime will look exactly the same. to the point of which, why even bother releasing more primes, and for that matter more transformers?

if the fans had there ways, transformers would be burning in hell.

19. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Only if they listened to like... G1 fanatics or BT fanatics that TF would stay boring and samey. I think the japanese fandom's support of the last few lines show (in my opinion) they at least have similar TF tastes to us.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll have to get Atari (and her little robot friend) if only for the purpose of keeping my 7800 game console company.